799 Invitations Issued to Apply in Latest Canadian Express Entry Draw
With the latest Express Entry draw behind us, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) have issued 799 Invitations to Apply (ITAs) in the latest Express Entry draw for immigration to Canada. This amount is said to be the fewest by far that was issued in a single draw for over a year.
In order to be invited to apply, a candidate needs 534 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). This number is also said to be a big increase in comparison to other draws that have taken place in 2016 thus far. On average, more than 1000 invitations are issued in a typical Express Entry draw, yet it seems the numbers have diminished this time around. This is suspected to have been influenced by the increase in the CRS point requirement for this draw, which represents something of an irregularity.
Candidates who were issued an ITA are therefore now gearing up to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence (PR) along with their dependents.
More about Canadian Express Entry
The Express Entry program is Canada’s immigration management system for the federal economic immigration programs; the Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, and the Canadian Experience Class.
In order to apply to the Express Entry, you’ll need to enter your profile into the Express Entry pool, where you will be evaluated according to CRS points. Thereafter, the government will choose the top-positioned candidates when the official draw takes place.
After being issued an ITA for Permanent Residence, the candidate will have 60 days to complete an e-application, from which point the government of Canada means to process the application in the space of six months.
- Launch date: January 1, 2015
- First draw from the pool: January 31, 2015
- Most recent draw from the pool: May 6, 2016
- Minimum CRS points required for selection in any one draw: 450 (September 18, 2015 & October 2, 2015)
- Largest number of invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 1,637 (March 27, 2015)
- Fewest invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 715 (April 17, 2015)
- Largest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 273 (from May 22, 2015 to June 12, 2015 draws)
- Smallest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 0 (on two occasions)
- Largest increase in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 302 (from April 17, 2015 to May 22, 2015 draws)
- Smallest increase in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 0 (on two occasions)
- Longest gap between two consecutive draws: 35 days (from April 17, 2015 to May 22, 2015 draws)
- Shortest gap between two consecutive draws: 7 days (on seven occasions)
- Total number of ITAs issued since system was launched: 43,299
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2016: 12,236
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2015: 31,063
Do you want to begin your Canadian Visa application? Apply on our website and an account manager will contact you to discuss your options.