How and why you should apply for a Student Visa to Canada from Australia
Your student years are possibly the best years of your life – why not spend them in an amazing country like Canada? Offering distinguished educational facilities and schools, Canada ranks as one of the most educated countries in the world.
Gaining a student permit is extremely simple. All you need to do is find a school to suit your preference and apply online. Canada has so many prestigious universities, schools, vocational programs and more that you will be spoilt for choice.
Once you have received acceptance from the school of your choosing, you may then proceed to applying for your student visa online. In order to apply, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have been accepted by a designated learning institution in Canada.
- You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
- tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
After you have applied for a study permit, a letter of introduction will be sent to you confirming the approval. Along with this, you will receive either an eTA or Visitor’s visa. The latter is also known as a temporary resident visa and will be issued if you are from a country whose citizens need a visa and will be in your passport. Make sure that you enter Canada before your visa expires. The visa will also indicate if you can enter Canada only once (a single-entry visa) or if you can enter Canada multiple times (a multiple-entry visa).
Travelling to Canada
Upon your arrival into the country, you will be asked to present a few documents, these include:
- a valid passport or travel document. Note: If you have an approved eTA, it will be linked to the passport that you used to apply for your study permit.
- the letter of introduction from the visa office that you received when your study permit was approved (this letter contains your permit reference number and the CBSA officer needs this letter to issue your study permit)
- a valid temporary resident visa (if required)
- a copy of the letter of acceptance from the designated learning institution at which you are accepted to study
- proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada and
- letters of reference or any other documents recommended by the visa office where you applied.
Even though your main purpose is to study, there is no reason for you to remain penniless while doing so. If you wish to work while you study, you may apply for a student work permit and gain the necessary experience while you study. Canada is filled with opportunity and if you find that you would like to stay on after graduation, you can either apply for a work permit or extend your current study permit.
Among the greatest reasons to consider studying in our beautiful country is all of the sights and cultures you are exposed to. Explore the narrow streets and lush gardens, climb the mountains, meet new friends and make memories all while you study in our beautiful country.
Want to move to Canada?