Canada Needs Early Childhood Educators

Are you qualified early childhood educator in search of new opportunities in one of the most dynamic and multicultural countries in the world? Canada is in need of teachers in 2020 and has already offered permanent residency to thousands of experienced individuals.

Provinces such as Manitoba, New Brunswick and Saskatchewan are currently in need of qualified educators who want to migrate to Canada and make a difference in young individuals lives. These three provinces have the highest demand for early childhood educators, however, as a highly-skilled teacher, you may be able to find employment anywhere in the country.

As an experienced early childhood educator, you can expect to earn a salary of around $47,746 per year in Canada.

In order to qualify to work in Canada as an early childhood educator you will need to meet the following requirements:

  • Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education or a bachelor's degree in child development is required;
  • Licensing is required in Ontario and certification is required in British Columbia for early childhood educators. Licensing for early childhood educators is usually required in all other provinces and territories.

If you are eligible and receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply for permanent residence in Canada, both you and your family will have access to all of Canada amazing benefits, such as free public healthcare and education up until grade 12, not to mention that your spouse or partner will be able to apply for a wide range of jobs in industries.

Canadian citizens are retiring earlier, and young professionals are moving to urban city centres, leaving the country with a shortage of skilled workers. The government has put different immigration programs into effect to help resolve the issue, which has since been very successful and has made a huge impact on the country’s economy.

With systems and programs such as the Express Entry system and Provincial Nominee Programs helping to facilitate the immigration process, making it a lot quicker and easier to apply for a Canadian visa.

As a skilled or semi-skilled worker, you can choose from over 70 different immigration programs and visas, giving you a better chance to start a new life for you and your loved ones in Canada. But with all these options available to you, the process becomes complex, especially when you’re unsure of which programs are best suited to you and will optimize your immigration and visa application.

This is why using a paid government-regulated immigration consultant is so important to secure your place in Canada. There are many services offering free eligibility evaluations and claim to offer legitimate services, however, will leave hopeful candidates disappointed.

To speak to one of our immigration and visa consultants and have your eligibility assessment done by a government verified service, simply click the link below or keep reading to find out what you best options are to find employment as an early childhood educator, as well as how we can help you migrate to Canada.

Migrate to Canada as an Early Childhood Educator

migrate to Canada as an early childhood educator

There are many ways to live and work in Canada as an early childhood educator as it is a job that is in high demand. We’ve listed the top 4 ways for you to migrate to Canada, by securing a position in the education sector, below:

  • Express Entry system;
  • Provincial Nominee Program;
  • Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot; and
  • Atlantic Immigration Pilot.

Express Entry

The Express Entry system manages the 3 Canadian federal economic immigration programs and is aimed at skilled workers who want to live and work in Canada. It works on a point-based system known as the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) which ranks candidates according to factors such as your age, language skills, education, work experience and adaptability to Canadian life.

In order to qualify for the Express Entry system, you will have to have a skill type 0 or level A or B. Early childhood educators are classified as level B, which means that you may be eligible to apply for any program under the Express entry system.

You will need to create an online Express Entry profile and will be entered into a draw pool, which takes place every 2 weeks, from which the highest scoring candidates will be selected to receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for permanent residence in Canada.

Provincial Nominee Program

The Provincial Nominee Program allows you to live and work in Canada if you are a skilled or semi-skilled worker and have a valid job offer that is in demand in a particular province or territory. Each province/territory has its own PNP with in-demand occupation lists designed to meet the individual needs of its labour market.

If you are successful in your application you will receive a provincial nomination, which is worth 600 extra points and can be added to your CRS points and will virtually guarantee that you receive an ITA for Canadian permanent residence.

Early childhood educators are currently highly in demand in Manitoba, New Brunswick and Saskatchewan.

Top 3 Canadian Provinces That Need Early Childhood Educators
Province/TerritoryImmigration Stream
ManitobaManitoba Skilled Worker Overseas Stream
SaskatchewanInternational Skilled Worker Category
New BrunswickNew Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program Express Entry Labour Market Stream
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program Skilled Workers With Employer Support Stream

Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot

The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot is a community-driven program aimed at helping smaller regions develop economically. Skilled workers can migrate to Canada if they have a valid job offer in one of the participating communities, which are in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. Because early childhood educators are in demand in Manitoba and Saskatchewan, you will qualify to apply through this program.

Because this is an employer-specific pilot, you will have to show that you intend to live in the community as well as have a qualifying job offer and get a recommendation from your designated community organization. You will also need to meet other requirements such as have qualifying work experience, meet the minimum language and educational requirements, and have enough settlement money.

Atlantic Immigration Pilot

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is similar to the rural immigration pilot however is aimed at provinces and territories in the Atlantic region. It was originally a temporary pilot but was recently extended until March 2021 to applicants with a qualifying job offer from a designated employer in one of these specified Atlantic regions in Canada:

  • New Brunswick;
  • Newfoundland & Labrador;
  • Nova Scotia; and
  • Prince Edward Island.

Because early childhood educators are in demand in New Brunswick, this program would apply to those wanting to migrate to Canada.

There are additional requirements that need to be met regarding work experience, job offers, minimum language and educational requirements and having sufficient settlement money to move to Canada. You will need to have at least 1 year of full-time, non-seasonal work experience in order to qualify for this pilot.

How We Can Help You Migrate to Canada

migrate to Canada as an early childhood educator

Navigating the Canadian immigration system can be a lengthy and complicated process, with a copious amount of forms and documents to complete and strict submission dates, we wouldn’t blame you if you felt apathetic about getting started on your application. But that's what we’re here for. At Canadian Visa, we take the stress and hassle out of planning to relocate abroad. Our accredited RCICs (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants) are ready to evaluate your eligibility, review all documentation and submit all documentation on your behalf.

Using an RCIC not only gives you the best possible chance of receiving an ITA but will make the entire process simple and stress-free. We handle the paperwork while you choose your dream job in Canada. All you have to do is fill out our application form to receive your assessment today and we’ll take care of the rest. It's just that simple.