Are you an Emirati resident of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) dreaming of starting a new chapter in Canada? With its diverse opportunities and welcoming environment, Canada has become a sought-after destination for individuals seeking to work and settle abroad. In fact, the UAE to Canada migration route has gained significant traction in recent years, with a growing Emirati diaspora establishing roots in various regions of Canada.
According to the IRCC Monthly Reports, between 2020 and the first quarter of 2023, 558 Temporary Resident Applications were successful. Additionally, 143 student visas were successfully issued to citizens of the UAE in the same period. Finally, 60 visas were issued for Permanent Residents as well. In Statistics Canada's 2021 census, 8,405 immigrants from the UAE were recorded. Whether you seek employment opportunities or a fresh start in a different environment, understanding the immigration process is crucial for a successful transition.
Immigrate to Canada Through Express Entry
Immigrating through Express Entry remains mostly unchanged if you are from the UAE. Express Entry is one of the newer programs introduced by Canada to facilitate faster immigration to targeted provinces. Processing takes as little as six months, most of which are processed in four months, making it your best bet for getting to Canada quickly.
To further improve your chances of success, you must ensure you have a high CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score. The maximum number of points you can earn is 1,200; however, the minimum required score keeps dropping. So, if you have a CRS score of around 450, you could still possibly immigrate from the UAE to Canada.
The key factors relating to Express Entry are as follows:
- Age - Though there is no age limit, the ideal age is between 25-35 for the highest CRS points;
- Language proficiency - Canada is a bilingual country, meaning both French and English are their official languages. You will need to show your skill in them to improve your application;
- Education - The higher your education level the more points you score;
- Work Experience - Skilled workers tend to be the most attractive to Canada. However, you will also benefit from having years of work experience in a job classified under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) as a profession in need.
Documentation for Express Entry Application
1. Copies of Identification, Degrees, Certificates, and Qualifications
- Make photocopies of your valid identification documents, such as your passport or Emirates ID.
- Include copies of your educational degrees, certificates, and other relevant qualifications.
2. Medical Certificate
Your medical certificate is a crucial document to demonstrate your fitness and health for living and working in Canada. Follow these steps to obtain your medical certificate:
- Find an IRCC-approved panel physician in the UAE authorized to conduct Canadian immigration medical exams.
- Schedule an appointment with the panel physician for your medical examination.
- Undergo the required medical tests and examinations as instructed by the physician.
- Ensure that the panel physician completes the necessary forms and provides you with the sealed envelope containing the results.
3. Police Clearance Certificate
A police clearance certificate, or good conduct certificate, is required for your express entry application. Here's how you can obtain it in the UAE:
- Apply online through the official Police website or the Police app.
- Fill in the required personal information, including your email address, and state the purpose of the certificate (e.g., immigration).
- Attach the following documents to your online application:
|Two recently taken passport-sized photographs|
|Copy of passport|
Ensure you complete the application accurately and provide all the supporting documents. The processing time for the police clearance certificate may vary, so it's advisable to start the application process well in advance.
By gathering these essential documents, including your identification papers, educational qualifications, medical certificate, and police clearance certificate, you will be well-prepared to submit a comprehensive express entry application from the UAE to Canada.
Business Immigration: A Guide for Emiratis
Business immigration to Canada offers opportunities for Emiratis to explore temporary business prospects as visitors, launch startups through the Start-Up Visa program, or consider entrepreneur streams in different Canadian provinces. Understanding the eligibility criteria, requirements, and specific programs will help Emiratis make informed decisions and navigate the immigration process effectively.
Business Visitors: Temporary Business Opportunities
Emiratis looking to conduct business in Canada for a limited time can explore the option of becoming a business visitor. This category allows foreign nationals to engage in business activities such as attending trade shows, meeting with Canadian counterparts, and exploring business prospects. However, business visitors are not eligible to work in Canada.
Key Details for Business Visitors:
- Duration: Business visitors can stay in Canada for up to 6 months.
- Activities: Attend trade shows, conferences, meet prospective clients, and explore business opportunities.
- Requirements: Legitimate reason for the visit, sufficient funds to support oneself and dependents, strong ties to home country, good character, and a clear criminal record.
Start-Up Visa: Launching Your Business in Canada
For Emiratis interested in starting a new business or company in Canada, the Start-Up Visa program provides an opportunity to obtain a work permit and permanent residency.
Eligibility for the Start-Up Visa:
- Support from a designated entity: Emiratis need the support or sponsorship of a Canadian venture capital fund, angel investor, or business incubator.
- Qualifying business: The proposed business must meet the requirements set by the program.
- Language proficiency: Emiratis must demonstrate English or French proficiency.
- Education: Completing at least one year of post-secondary education.
- Financial requirements: Sufficient funds to settle in Canada and support dependent family members.
- Medical and security clearances: Applicants must meet the standard health and security requirements.
Entrepreneur Streams in Provincial Nominee Programs
Emiratis interested in starting a business in a specific province in Canada may explore the entrepreneur streams offered by Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs). Each province has its requirements and processes for entrepreneurs settling and operating businesses within their jurisdiction.
Some popular Entrepreneur Streams in Canadian Provinces:
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) - Entrepreneur Stream
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) - Entrepreneur Immigration
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) - Self-Employed Farmer Stream
- Quebec Entrepreneur Program
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) - Entrepreneur Category
Emiratis considering the entrepreneur route should thoroughly research the specific requirements and processes of the chosen province's entrepreneur stream before initiating the application process. It is advisable to consult with immigration professionals or explore government resources for detailed guidance.
Why Immigrate to Canada from UAE?
Canada is a country known for its strong commitment to multiculturalism and acceptance, making it an appealing destination for individuals looking to immigrate from the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Here are some compelling reasons why Canada stands out as an ideal immigration choice:
Canada prides itself on being one of the most multicultural nations in the world. The country embraces diversity, celebrating the richness of different cultures, languages, and traditions. Immigrants from the UAE can find a welcoming environment where their cultural heritage is respected and valued.
Acceptance and Inclusivity
Canada's society is built on principles of acceptance and inclusivity. People from all walks of life are encouraged to participate in Canadian society, regardless of their background fully. Emiratis can feel at ease knowing they can practice their religion, express their cultural identity, and contribute to the Canadian mosaic without fear of discrimination.
Equal Rights and Freedoms
Canada upholds the principles of equality, freedom, and human rights. It offers equal opportunities for all individuals, regardless of race, religion, or nationality. Emiratis can enjoy the same rights and freedoms as Canadian citizens, including access to healthcare, education, and social benefits.
Quality of Life
Canada consistently ranks among the top countries regarding quality of life. It offers a safe and secure environment, excellent healthcare facilities, high educational standards, and a strong social welfare system. Immigrants from the UAE can benefit from these advantages and provide a better future for themselves and their families.
Canada boasts a robust and diverse economy, providing numerous opportunities for Emiratis to thrive professionally. The country welcomes skilled workers and entrepreneurs, offering employment and business growth pathways. Immigrants can use Canada's strong job market and stable economy to enhance their career prospects and financial well-being.
Canada emphasizes social integration and supports immigrants in their journey of settling into the country. Various government programs and services assist newcomers in learning the official languages (English and French), understanding Canadian society and values, and connecting with their local communities. This support network helps Emiratis integrate smoothly into Canadian life.
Safety and Security
Canada is recognized globally as a safe and secure country. Low crime rates and a well-functioning justice system provide a peaceful environment for individuals and families. Emiratis can enjoy a sense of security and peace of mind as they start their new life in Canada.
Now that you are aware of Canada's opportunities and inclusive society, you can make informed decisions about immigrating from the UAE. Seek professional assistance to navigate the immigration process and turn your dreams of living in a diverse and accepting country into a reality. Embrace the chance to build a brighter future in Canada's welcoming and inclusive environment.
Is Canada's Living Cost Higher or Lower than the United Arab Emirates?
In general, the cost of living in Canada can vary depending on the city and region. While some expenses, such as housing and healthcare, may be higher in Canada, other factors like education and transportation costs can be more affordable.
According to Data from Numbeo, a family of four estimates their monthly costs in the UAE at $4,292.5 and $4,567.3C$ in Canada (both exclude rent). Similarly, a single person in UAE can expect to spend around $1245.2 and $1283.3 in Canada. While Canada may seem slightly more expensive than the UAE, factors such as free healthcare and education must be considered. Additionally, It's important to research and compares the specific cities or regions you are considering to get a better understanding of the cost of living differences between the UAE and Canada.
How Does the Education System in Canada Compare to the United Arab Emirates?
Canada has a highly regarded education system known for its quality and accessibility. The country offers a wide range of educational opportunities, from primary and secondary schools to world-renowned universities and colleges. Emirati students who study in Canada can benefit from a diverse and inclusive learning environment, with opportunities to pursue various fields of study and gain international exposure.