Fisrt established in New Jersey, in the United States, the Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) has campuses located in Vancouver, Canada, as well as in England. There are over 12,000 students enrolled, with over 1,100 international students from over 70 countries. This creates a culturally diverse learning environment.
The Vancouver Campus offers you one of the few opportunities to earn an American degree while you study in Canada. The British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education has authorized all degree programs offered at the Vancouver Campus. Learn more about FDU.
Introduction to the Fairleigh Dickinson University
Fairleigh Dickinson University was founded in 1942 by Dr. Peter Sammartino and his wife, Sylvia (Sally). The institution has since transformed into the largest private University in New Jersey. The University's expansion began after its first graduate program was offered in 1954. At this point, Bergen Junior College (now Metropolitan Campus) was purchased as a second campus. Fairleigh Dickinson gained University status in 1956. It purchased Vanderbilt-Twombly estate in Madison just one year later. It became home to a third campus, which is now known as Florham Campus.
FDU acquired Wroxton College from Trinity College at Oxford University in 1965. It became the first American University to own a campus in England. Then, in 2007, FDU commenced classes at facilities in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Today, more than 11,500 students from 32 states and 72 countries are enrolled on the University's campuses in the US, the UK, and the Great White North.
Why Study at the Fairleigh Dickinson University Vancouver Campus?
There are several compelling reasons to choose Fairleigh Dickinson University Vancouver Campus when you study in Canada. Let's go through some of them.
A Prestigious Institution
The campus has a strong reputation for academic excellence.
Highly-skilled Academic Staff
The faculty members at Fairleigh Dickinson University Vancouver Campus are experienced professionals dedicated to providing students with a high-quality education.
A Comfortable Learning Environment
Small class sizes allow for personalized attention and meaningful student-faculty interactions.
The campus has state-of-the-art facilities, including modern classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, and a comprehensive library. Students are guaranteed access to the resources they need to succeed.
Development of a Broad Skill Set
The University strives to arm students with the multi-disciplinary, intercultural, and ethical understandings needed to participate, lead, and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, business, and culture.
FDU provides students in Canada with various learning experiences, teaching, challenging, and preparing them for a lifetime of success.
Top Programs at the Fairleigh Dickinson University Vancouver Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT)
- Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Studies degree
- Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Studies with a specialization in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- The Pre-University Program
- Master of Administrative Science (MAS)
- The Master of Science in Applied Computer Science (MSACS)
- Master of Hospitality and Tourism Management (MHMS)
- Pre-Master Program (PMP)
Tuition Fees For International Students and Other Costs
|Fee For International Students
|Estimated program cost for one academic year (30 credits) from Fall 2023
|New Student Fee
|Tuition Per Credit - Students who started before Fall 2023
|Tuition Per Credit - Students who started on or after Fall 2023
|Lab fee - selected INFO, ENGR courses only
|Return Check Charge
|Fee For International Students
|Estimated program cost per academic year (30 credits) from Fall 2023
|New Student Fee
|Tuition Per Credit
|Return Check Charge
FDU’s Office of Student Services is an important part of the educational mission of Fairleigh Dickinson University, Vancouver Campus. It offers different programs, services and facilities to local and international students to create an environment for individuals to engage and learn from each other.
As an international student in Canada, you will find that FDU Vancouver Campus highly values participatory decision making, self-directed activity and an open exchange of ideas. It therefore provides many opportunities for community service and leadership and social responsibility committees.
A Commitment to Produce Citizens of the World
FDU is committed to shaping leaders of the future and citizens of the world. The university focuses on enhancing its students’ academic experience through cultural, educational, recreational, social and leadership initiatives.
A Celebration of an International Student Community
As an international student in Canada, you’ll be part of an exciting new international learning community, working with your peers from across the globe to achieve academic excellence.
FDU has great accommodation options for an international student in Canada. Because the university campus is set in downtown Vancouver, you can choose from a variety of local housing options, including staying with a Canadian family and student housing. Choosing student housing means that you can live, learn, and thrive in one place by moving into one of the University's residence halls.
If you require housing for the fall period, you can participate in the Room Selection Process, where you can access a room with a roommate. For Spring accommodation, you can apply via the University's MyHousing platform.
Fairleigh Dickinson University Admission Process
When you apply to FDU, you must note the deadline dates for applications. They are as follows:
- Fall Semester: July 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
It is essential to note that deadlines may differ from program to program. Always check the department you are applying to.
These are the basic academic prerequisites for getting admission at Fairleigh Dickinson University:
- A Completed application;
- Official transcripts;
- English language proficiency scores;
- A copy of your passport;
- Supplements like Resume, SOP, Portfolios;
- A Bank statement.
Campus Life and Extracurricular Activities at Fairleigh Dickinson University Vancouver
When you choose to study in Canada at FDU–Vancouver, you will find that the University has some great offerings for helping students maintain a healthy balance in student life. You will be able to take part in several sporting activities such as soccer, hiking, tennis, running, etc. At FDU, student intramural sports and activities play a key role. FDU staff also facilitate clubs teams, and leadership platforms for students.
Additionally, you can take part in community service and volunteer projects, join the FDU-Vancouver Hosts Yaletown Rotaract Club, and build your public speaking skills by joining ToastMasters International workshops.
Moreover, the campus is located close to Vancouver's attractions, including Stanley Park, museums, art galleries, and shopping districts, allowing you to explore and experience the vibrant city life outside the classroom. Below are some not-to-be-missed sights to visit:
- Stanley Park - Vancouver's first and largest urban park is a beautiful green oasis set within the city's urban landscape. Here, you will find a 400-hectare natural West Coast rainforest, with views of the mountain, sky, and lush greenery along the famous Seawall. Look out for the aquarium and, in summer, some theater under the stars.
- Granville Island Public Market - This public market is considered the jewels in Granville Island's crown. You can look forward to the freshest food out of the ocean, off the land, and out of the oven. It is a spot where you can try some local delicacies, as well as international specialties.
- Kitsilano Beach - Kitsilano Beach, also known as "Kits" Beach, can be found on Cornwall Avenue at the north end of Yew Street in Vancouver. With the Seawall along the side of the beach, you will find Kitsilano Pool to the west. Here, you can access activities such as tennis, swimming, and beach volleyball and enjoy a lovely picnic. If you go during a high tide, you can swim in one of the best swimming spots with incredibly warm ocean water.
How Do I Apply For a Canadian Study Permit to Study in Canada?
To apply for a Canadian Study Permit, to become an international student in Canada, you must:
- Step 1: Check whether you are eligible
- Step 2: Secure an Acceptance Letter from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- Step 3: Gather all required documents such as your passport, proof of finances, proof of acceptance, and any other required documents
- Step 4: Pay your application fees
What Are the Campus Hours For FDU?
Fairleigh Dickinson Vancouver Campus hours run from 8 am to 9 pm, from Monday through Friday.