Study in Canada

Study Programs In Canada

Whether you want to simply live and study in Canada or work part-time as an international student, Canada is the place for you. With universally acclaimed educational institutions and a strong public schooling system, the country hosts a variety of programs to help with the Canadian learning experience. Canada could be your doorway to a student grant or even an international scholarship.   

Do I Need a Study Permit?

If you intend to study in Canada for longer than 6 months you will need a study permit. The study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program plus an extra 90 days. If your study program is less than six months long you won't need a study permit but you may want to apply for one anyway as it will give you the opportunity to earn some extra money and work both on and off-campus. Without a study permit, you will have to apply for a work permit to be able to work as an international student.     

Eligibility Requirements to Study In Canada

In order to be able to study in Canada, you will need to meet a few requirements, including:

  • Be enrolled at a Designated Learning Institution(DLI)

  • Have enough money to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation (for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada)

  • Not have a criminal record

  • Be in good health 

  • Prove that you intend to leave Canada when your study permit expires.

How Long Will My Visa Application Take?

On average processing times for study permits can take around 15 weeks, depending on your nationality and where you are applying from, however, there may be a faster option for you is you qualify for the Student Direct Stream (SDS). If you are from one of the following countries you may be eligible for the SDS and could receive your permit to study in Canada in as little as 20 calendar days!  

  • China
  • India
  • Morocco
  • Pakistan
  • the Philippines
  • Senegal
  • Vietnam

Work in Canada as a Student

As an international student, you can study in Canada and work in Canada for a maximum of 20 hours a week. This a great way to gain Canadian experience, extra funds, and the possibility of future employment by a Canadian employer. 


Canadian Education System

Said to have one of the best education systems in the world, Canada has a lot to offer for your educational future. You have the chance to receive free government education in both primary and secondary institutions if you are either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident. 


Study Permit Visa Partners

If you are an international student that is not a permanent resident of Canada, you may need a study permit. A study permit will give you the chance to have access to the great Canadian education system, and even work part-time as an international student. 


Post-Graduate Work Permit

With Canadian educational institutions recognized around the world, you can greatly benefit from Canada's education system as an international student. You have the opportunity to further your education through a variety of programs offered by recognized Canadian institutions. 

Want to learn more about Canada? Subscribe to our newsletter for weekly immigration news and relocation tips sent straight to your inbox.