Do you want to migrate to Canada as an international, specifically the province of Quebec? Then you must know that Quebec does not have Provincial Nominee Program. Rather, the province sets its own requirements for immigrants who want to live and work in Quebec.
Some of the alternate Canadian immigration streams you can apply for are the:
|1. Quebec Immigration Skilled Worker Program|
|2. Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)|
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)
Who Can Apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program?
To see if you can immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker, you must apply in two ways:
- You must apply to the government of Quebec for a certificate of selection (Certificat de sélection du Québec)
- The certificate is proof that Quebec has accepted you as an immigrant
- If Quebec chooses you, you can then apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence
Please note that you will need to take a medical exam and get a police certificate to apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)
Who Can Apply For the Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)
If you wish to immigrate to Canada the Quebec Experience Class (PEQ) may be an option.
- Have work experience in Canada;
- Have strong language skills in both French and English; and
- Have plans to live in Quebec and no other province or territory in Canada