Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.


Quebec Immigration Programs

Updated: December 23rd, 2020

Quebec is located in eastern Canada where French is the most commonly spoken language. It is steeped in rich European culture and history with vibrant cities such as Montreal and Quebec, the capital, is where most people tend to call home when they immigrate to Quebec, Canada.  

Quebec has a fantastic education system as well as a stable economy, excelling predominantly in aerospace, information and communications technologies, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical sectors. 

Do you want to migrate to Canada, specifically the province of Quebec? Then you must know that Quebec does not have a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Rather, the province sets its own requirements for immigrants who want to live and work in Quebec.    

Some of the alternate Canadian immigration streams you can apply for through Quebec's immigration programs are the following:      

Quebec Immigration Categories
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)
Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)
Business Immigration

Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)

Aerial-view-Montreal-Biosphere-Environment-Museum-and-Saint-Lawrence-River-Quebec-Canada | Quebec Immigration Programs

The Quebec Skilled Worker Program will allow you to immigrate to Quebec Canada if you meet certain selection criteria such as your education, work experience, age, language skills in French and English, number of dependants as well as your ability to support yourself and your dependents financially.

Who Can Apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program?

To see if you can immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker, you must apply in two ways:

You must apply to the government of Quebec for a certificate of selection (Certificat de sélection du Québec) The certificate is proof that Quebec has accepted you as an immigrant Create an online Arrima profile and express interest in the province. If Quebec chooses you, you can then apply to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence.  

Please note that you will need to take a medical exam and get a police certificate to apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. 

There are a limited number of applications processed, which generally takes around 6 months or longer to process. 

Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)

female-fashion-designer-working-on-laptop-in-design-studio | skilled worker Quebec Immigration Programs

This program allows foreign students or skilled temporary workers, with an intermediate skill level in French, to apply for permanent residence in Quebec, Canada. 

Who Can Apply For the Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)

If you wish to immigrate to Quebec, Canada under the Quebec Experience Class (PEQ) you can do so under one of the following categories:

  • Quebec Graduate - if you have a qualification from an eligible Quebec institution and have at least 12 to 18 months (depending on your study program) work experience in Quebec; or 
  • Skilled Temporary Worker - if you currently have a skilled job in Quebec, Canada for at least 24 months of the last 36 months.

Business Immigration

Smiling-young-Asian-businessman-talking-on-cellphone-and-using-a-digital-tablet | Quebec Business Immigration Programs

If you are interested in applying for permanent residence in Quebec Canada and would like to invest in, start a new or buy an existing business in the province you can choose from one of the following programs:

  • Entrepreneur Program 
  • Investor Program 
  • Self-employed Program

The application intake is limited for each category and has its own application intake period as well as eligibility criteria. Applications are assessed on factors such as your age, education, language skills, financial stability, and ties to the province such as previous visits to Quebec or family members already living in the province.  

Entrepreneur Program

There are 2 streams under this program: Stream 1 is for foreign entrepreneurs who want to start and run a business in Quebec and Stream 2 is for foreign entrepreneurs who want to purchase and run a business in Quebec. There is a minimum start-up deposit of between $200,000 and $300,000 as well as a minimum of $900,000 net worth. 

Investor Program

The investor program is for foreign investors who want to invest in a business in Quebec. You will need to agree to a five-year term investment of at least $1,200 and have at least $2,000,000 in net assets as well as at least two years of business management experience in the past 5 years. 

Self Employed Worker Program

This program is for professional or business people who wish to migrate to Quebec in a self-employed position. To qualify you will need to make a deposit of at least $25,000 to $50,000 in start-up capital as well as have a minimum of $100,000 in net assets and at least two years of experience in a relevant self-employed position. 

Want to learn more about Canada? Subscribe to our newsletter and get an e-book on Canadian immigration filled with mesmerizing sights of Canada!

Please enter a valid phone number. is a private recognized immigration agent and is not affiliated with the Canadian Government.
Privacy policy