Super Visa

A father and daughter looking happy and smiling

Canada puts family first, and reuniting parents with their grown children is a mission that Canada takes very seriously. One of the ways to do so is through Canada's Super Visa. 

If you are a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen and meet certain criteria, you will be eligible for a Super Visa. This means that you are able to visit family in Canada for up to 2 years and the visa provides multiple entries for up to 10 years. This differs from the tourist visa, where you can only visit for up to 6 months at a time. 

Do You Qualify for a Super Visa?

You must be a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada. Your intentions must be that of a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. You must also prove that your child or grandchild meets a minimum income threshold. A written letter from your child or grandchild stating that he or she can support you during your visit must be provided. In addition, you must have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year.

Note: You can not include any dependants in your application. 

Want to learn more about Canada? Subscribe to our newsletter and get an e-book on Canadian immigration filled with mesmerizing sights of Canada!