Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Updated: June 19th, 2023

Top 10 FAQs about Immigrating to Canada

A Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) is an authorized immigration and citizenship representative, who is hired to evaluate your Visa application and submit it on your behalf. In addition, an RCIC provides you with a beneficial strategy for your Visa options. An authorized RCIC is also a member of the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CCIC).

RCICs are experts in the immigration field. They walk applicants through the overwhelming immigration system. At, we have three professional RCICs to help you with the immigration process.

You can use a sponsor or become one yourself, if you can meet all the requirements.

Implemented in early 2015, this innovative process is a system where skilled workers can apply to become permanent residents in Canada by entering a pool of candidates. Based on qualifications, work experience, age and various other factors, applicants are awarded points and then possibly selected from the pool by prospective employers.

To sponsor a family member as a permanent resident under family class sponsorship, the sponsor must fulfil the following conditions:

  • Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada aged at least 18 years.
  • Reside in Canada, if they are a permanent resident. Canadian citizens can sponsor a family member even when living outside the country. However, he or she must reside in Canada when the sponsored family member becomes a permanent resident of Canada.
  • Have adequate resources to provide financial support to the sponsored person for the mandated duration.

Before you can apply for a study permit, you first need:

  • An acceptance letter from a designated learning institution in Canada;
  • A valid passport;
  • A form of proof that you have enough funds to pay your tuition fees, living expenses and enough funds to return home after you have completed your course;
  • A good health report;
  • A clear criminal record (no criminal background); and
  • A form of proof given to the immigration officer upon your arrival in Canada, that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies.

Note: If you received conditional acceptance because you need to complete certain courses first, before being accepted into the main program. Your study permit will only be valid for the length of these courses. You can apply for extended stay, if your studies require it.

There are over 60 different visa and programs offered by Canada that vary in the qualifications needed to apply. Certain visas and programs are also only availible to certain provinces and territories within Canada, for example the Quebec Skilled Worker Program

There are a few different Canadian visas that our team specialize in:

  • Express Entry – The new Canadian immigration system which is designed to select skilled workers for immigration to Canada. It includes the following programs:
    • Federal Skilled Worker Visa (FSW) – The most sought after program, as the Canadian government is hoping to attract qualified foreign workers;
    • Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) – A program for those who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade; and
    • Canadian Experience Class Visa (CEC) – Temporary workers or students of foreign nationality who have lived and worked in Canada for some time, who have a good understanding of English or French, who have the required occupational skills and knowledge of Canadian society, may apply for a permanent resident visa through this program;
  • Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP) – To promote workers in required occupations across all of the Canadian provinces in Canada;
  • Student Visa – Which allows you to legally study and work in Canada, and in some cases to be able to stay and work for up to three additional years after graduation;
  • Quebec Skilled Workers Program – Conducted through the Quebec province, hoping to attract as many qualified foreign workers;
  • Quebec Entrepreneur Program – This Visa allows you to establish your own business in the province of Quebec; and
  • Caregiver Visa – Through this visa you can be sponsored as a live-in caregiver

A temporary Canadian Visa is an official document that proves you have met the requirements for admission to Canada, as either a visitor or a temporary resident. If you want to live in Canada for a limited amount of time, then a Temporary Visa is the ideal option for you. People usually get a Temporary Visa to visit a country as a tourist, study at one of the many universities and colleges, or for temporary foreign work.

A permanent resident is a person who has permanent resident status. They are not a Canadian citizen. A permanent resident is considered a citizen of another country, other than Canada.

Refugees can become permanent residents through the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program, or the Government Assisted Refugee Program. Note: you do not get permanent residency if you just claim refugee status. Your claim must be approved by the Immigration and Refugee Board. Then you may apply for permanent resident status. A student or foreign worker are not considered a permanent resident.

More Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Want to learn more about Canada? Subscribe to our newsletter and get an e-book on Canadian immigration filled with mesmerizing sights of Canada!

Please enter a valid phone number. is a private recognized immigration agent and is not affiliated with the Canadian Government.
Privacy policy