Common-law Partner Sponsorship

Keeping families together and reuniting partners is of high priority in Canada. Under the Spousal Sponsorship Program, you will be able to sponsor your common-law partner in becoming a Canadian permanent resident.

Common-law partners will only qualify if they have been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada before proceeding in their application.

Qualifying criteria

You may apply to sponsor a common-law partner of the same or opposite sex if you are over the age of 18, have been living with your partner for at least 12 consecutive months and you are in a serious relationship or marriage. This means that there should not be prolonged periods of living apart, whether one member has gone on a business trip, travelling or on a family obligation trip.

Do you want to come to Canada? At we make applying for your visa simple. Fill out the form above and one of our account managers will call you to begin your Canadian visa application process.





phone number
I speak: