Spousal and Family Sponsorship
Canadian citizens and permanent residents may sponsor close family members for Canadian immigration. If you are already a resident of Canada and above the age of 18, you can sponsor certain relatives to live, study or work in Canada until they become permanent residents.
The government is committed to keeping families together whenever possible, and prioritizes the processing of sponsorship applications.
Spousal and Dependent Child Sponsorship
Assist your spouse, common-law, conjugal partner or your dependent children in becoming Permanent Residents of Canadian.
In order to sponsor a family member to immigrate to Canada, you must provide proof that you can:
- Meet basic needs – such as food, clothing and shelter – for yourself and your family
- Support your relatives financially
- Make sure that your spouse or relative does not need to ask for financial help from the government
You may sponsor your partner regardless of whether they are currently living inside or outside of Canada.
- Provincial Family Class Sponsorship – Most of the Provincials Nomination Programs (PNOs) have Family Class sponsorship categories, which are separate from a federal sponsorship. Residents of provinces that facilitate family sponsorship may wish to consider these additional options for bringing families to Canada
- Parent and Grandparent sponsorship – If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor your parent or grandparent to become a permanent resident under the Family Class (FC)
- Parent and Grandparent Super Visa – A new option for bringing parents and grandparents to Canada is the Super Visa program, which allows applicants to receive a 10-year, multiple-entry visitor visa that allows parents and grandparents to spend extended periods of time with their loved ones in Canada
Do you want to come to Canada? At canadianvisa.org we make applying for your visa simple. Fill out the form above and one of our account managers will call you to begin your Canadian visa application process.