Job Skills Training
If you are looking to improve your skills, or you want to be re-certified for your profession, then you will be happy to know that there are many schools and skills development courses in your neighborhood. There are even free classes run by professionals and passionate individuals who can help you develop computer skills and other necessary tasks.
You can find these classes by visiting school community boards, local community centres, libraries, colleges and universities or online.
Before you commit to a training course, you should assess what you want to get out of the class and if it will help you in the long run.
- Will this course help you take the right steps in your career?
- Is it a recognized course that I can add to my resume?
- Can I afford to go through this training in terms of money and time?
- Is the organisation registered and legitimate?
- Is the program up to date with the latest information and resources?
- Will your employers appreciate the extra effort in obtaining these skills?
If you would like to immigrate to Canada, it is also important to ensure that your English and/or French language skills are properly demonstrated by performing well in your language tests. This is essential as it not only improves your application score, but also shows potential employers that you will be able to communicate effectively in your new job.
To improve your language skills and prepare for the IELTS English language tests, visit our Language Center.