Best Canadian Visa Options from Haiti

Canada’s growing Haitian communities are flourishing in the Great North! With plenty of high paying job and economic opportunities, free healthcare and education and not to mention a safe and secure environment with lots of space and freedom to express oneself- Canada is a dream destination!

If you’re wondering how Haitians make the move to Canada then you’ll be surprised to know that Canada has over 100 immigration programs and Canadian visa options! There are exciting visa options for every type of skilled worker. From a farm laborer to an accountant and even recent graduates. Discover the top Canadian visa options from Haiti below to make your Canadian dream a reality!

Top Ways to Immigrate to Canada from Haiti

Two beautiful black women/friends having fun

1. Find a Job in Canada’s Maritime Region

Finding a job in Canada from Haiti might seem difficult. The good news is that Canada’s maritime regions have labor shortages in various industries and as a result, the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP) was created to fill jobs by attracting foreign workers. Haitians are no strangers to living near the coast and will easily adapt to living in one of Canada’s seaside provinces. Most Haitians already possess the skills and work experience required to fill popular coastal jobs, like fishing, farming, and hotel desk attendants.

So, how does it work? You need to secure a job from a designated employer in one of the provinces. Designated employers have permission from the Government of Canada to sponsor you for permanent residency in Canada. See the table below for a complete list of designated job providers:

Designated Employers of the AIPP
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador
Nova Scotia
New Brunswick
Aerial view of New Brunswick, Canada

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP)

Finding a job is only the first step in the process of obtaining a Canadian visa from Haiti through the AIPP. You also need to satisfy the requirements of one of the three associated immigration programs. The type of program you qualify for depends on the type of job you are hired for and other eligibility requirements, like language proficiency and level of education.

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programs
Atlantic High Skilled ProgramSkilled workers from Haiti with full-time job offers in management, professional (usually needing a university degree), or technical/skilled (usually needing a college diploma or training as an apprentice) job
Excellent language proficiency in English or French
Atlantic Intermediate Skilled ProgramIntermediate workers from Haiti with permanent job offers in management, professional (usually needing a university degree), technical/skilled (usually needing a college diploma or training as an apprentice), or intermediate (usually needing high school and/or job-specific training) job
Good language proficiency in English or French
Atlantic Intermediate Graduate ProgramInternational graduates from Haiti who lived and studied in Atlantic Canada with full-time job offers in management, professional, or technical/skilled job
Excellent language proficiency in English or French


An alternative immigration program is the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot that works similarly to the AIPP, except you need to secure a job in one of the participating communities in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.

2. Study and Work Visas

Young pharmacist smiling at work

Several dozen Franco-Haitian students come to study in Quebec each year because the province is predominantly French-speaking. The majority of the students apply for Post-Graduate Work Permits after they graduate which allows them to work in Canada for the same duration of time as their study program lasted. Foreign workers in Canada with at-least 1-year of Canadian work experience in a skilled job type can apply for permanent residency through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) of the popular Express Entry system! For this reason, studying in Canada is a longer but more successful way of immigrating to the country.

How to Study in Canada?

  • You need to enroll at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada.
  • The DLI you choose must have PGWP eligible courses.
  • Apply for a Study Permit with your letter of acceptance

Another great Canadian visa option from Haiti is obtaining a work permit. A Canadian work permit allows you to work in Canada temporarily for a set period of time determined by your employer and other criteria. You can obtain a work permit by applying through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) streams, International Mobility Program (IMP) streams, and some Provincial Nomination Programs (PNPs).

Examples of Work Permit Categories
TFWP: Agriculture Stream
PNP: Saskatchewan Truck Driver Project
IMP: Intra-Company Transfer
Farm worker harvesting cabbage

There is an ongoing demand for foreign workers to fill in-demand occupations in Canada. Working in Canada from Haiti means that you’ll enjoy higher wages and good working conditions with benefits. At the same time, you gain significant Canadian work experience and get to start setting up your new life in the Great North. That means when you’ve accumulated enough work experience you can easily apply for a permanent residency visa and bring your family over through Family Sponsorship Programs.

Interested in applying for a Canadian visa? Start your journey with the help of certified immigration professionals. Simply, fill in the form below to receive your eligibility assessment today.

3. Take the Express Route to Canada

Woman sees exciting news on her laptop

The Express Entry immigration system is designed to process immigration applications for skilled workers in as little as 6 short months. What makes it so much easier to take the Express route to Canada is the fact that you don’t need a valid job offer from a Canadian employer to be eligible.

The Canadian Express Entry system works on a points-based system known as the CRS. Applicants are required to create an online profile in which they enter all their relevant details such as, age, work experience, skills, and language proficiency. The criteria is then used to calculate your CRS score and allocate your profile into a suitable Express Entry immigration program. The highest-ranking candidates are sent Invitations to Apply (ITA) during routine draw rounds.

Express Entry Programs

The Express Entry system manages three immigration programs, namely the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Worker Program (FSTW), and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). If you meet the minimum entry requirements of one of these programs you will be eligible to enter the Express Entry pool.

Express Entry Programs
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) - If you have one year of skilled work experience in management, professional, or trade position and have exceptional English or French language abilities. Secondary education is required and you can receive additional points if you have post-secondary education.
Federal Skilled Trades Worker Program (FSTP) - If you have two years of skilled work experience in a technical or trade position and have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer and/or a certificate of qualification in a skilled trade. Proficiency in English or French language is required.
Canadian Experience Class (CEC) - If you have worked in a management, professional, or trade position in Canada for one year in the last three years.

Canada Immigration Requirements

Visa documents approved

When you prepare to migrate to Canada from Haiti you'll need to collect a few documents in order to submit a complete visa application. The most common type of documents needed for Canadian immigration purposes are medical assessment, language test results, police certificates, education assessments and proof of funds. Additional documents may be required depending on your visa program. These include; job offer letter and your resume with contactable references.

Take a look at our immigration document checklist below:

What You Need To Migrate to Canada from Haiti
Police Certificates - Your police certificate must be no older than six months and cannot be expired.
Medical Exam - You need a medical exam from a panel physician (a doctor who has been given the authority to perform immigration medical examinations.
Educational Credential Assessment Report - In order to show that your education (high school or post-secondary qualification) is equivalent to Canadian standards you need to get all your certificates evaluated by an independent third party, like World Education Services (WES).
Language Test Results - To get a Canadian visa, you will have to show you have a certain level of proficiency in either English or French, depending on the program you are applying to.
Settlement Funds - You need a certain amount of funds to settle in Canada and need to submit proof of funds via a bank statement. The only exception to the rule is if you have a valid job offer and are authorized to work in Canada.
Passport or Travel Document - Your passport or travel document must be valid by the time you apply, and during your stay in Canada if you apply for a temporary Canadian visa.

A Better Life Awaits in Canada

Get the results you want by leaving your Canadian visa application in the hands of seasoned professionals. Our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants are certified by the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) and are authorized to provide professional legal services to our Haitian clients from our offices in Vancouver.

We find your best visa option to immigrate to Canada and handle the entire application process on your behalf. We further instruct you step by step on which documents you’ll require and where you can have them verified or translated. All you have to do is fill out our application form to start the process with certified professionals today.

Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to stay up to date on Canadian immigration and visa news.