Canada is sending a powerful signal to the world through it’s Express Entry System. If you are thinking about how to apply for a Canada visa from Turkey, you may want to know that this popular Canadian immigration system has invited more people to apply for permanent residency this year already than any year since its inception in 2015? It sounds crazy right, in the year of a pandemic with international borders closed and travel so restricted?
The reason is simple, the Immigration and Refugee Council of Canada (IRCC) have their processes and systems tuned perfectly, and the Express Entry System is the poster child for this. If you are interested in obtaining a Canada visa, to come and live, work or study in our great country, it’s not only possible, it’s a very achievable reality. Here's how to apply for a Canadian visa from Turkey.
How to Get a Canada Visa
So let’s consider the numbers. Through the Canadian Express Entry System, 69,950 primary applicants and their loved ones have been invited to come to Canada. But, as you may know, this isn’t even the only way to start a new life in our country. The first thing you should do is familiarise yourself with some of your options. You can then look into applying, and if you choose the right Canada visa, you could be living in Canada in as little as six months.
Which Canadian Visa Program Should You Apply For?
Depending on a variety of factors such as your age, qualifications, skills, experience, family size, and intentions when you arrive in Canada. When looking at how to apply for a Canada visa from Turkey, it is important to select the right Canada visa program that will suit your unique profile to prevent disappointment. Some of the more popular immigration programs are:
Express Entry System
We already touched on this one as it is one of the most popular choices. This system is for qualified people with at least one year of experience working in their profession. There are three programs in the system for different types of professions, namely:
- Skilled Worker Program - for people with experience and qualifications in managerial and professional roles. Examples include accountants, IT professionals, managers, architects, doctors, and engineers.
- Skilled Trades Program - specially reserved for the qualified journeyman. Like in many first world countries, the trades are amongst the most in-demand professions in Canada. You will require authentication from a recognized body (such as a red seal) and at least one year of experience working as a tradesman. Popular skills urgently needed in Canada include mechanics, welders, carpenters, plumber, electricians, and pipefitters.
- Canada Experience Class -this program is for applicants who are eligible for one of the two programs we just discussed and either already have at least one year of experience working in Canada or intend to work in Canada before applying to become a permanent resident. The experienced class is shown preference over the other two categories because the applicants have already shown that they are capable of living and working in Canada.
Provincial Nomination Program
If you have a particular province in mind or are willing to dig a little deeper into finding the right place for your skills and work field, the Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) is perfect. Each Canadian province and territory has its own PNP, and each of those has its own unique streams or visas for Canadian immigration. For example, the Nova Scotia Nominee Program has several options;
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities - selects candidates from the federal express entry system who meet the needs of the provincial labour market to apply for a nomination;
- Labour Market Priorities for Physicians - selects physicians from the federal express entry system who meet the needs of the provincial labour market to apply for a nomination
- Physician Stream - assists the Nova Scotia Health Authority and the Izak Walter Killam Health Centre in the hiring and retaining of healthcare professionals through permanent residency in Nova Scotia;
- Entrepreneur Stream - for experienced business owners or individuals with business management experience who want to open or buy and operate a business in Nova Scotia;
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream - for recent graduates of a Nova Scotian university who want to start or buy a business in the province;
- Skilled Worker Stream - assists employers who want to hire skilled foreign workers and foreign graduates from Nova Scotian post-secondary institutions;
- Occupations in Demand Stream - for people who work in intermediate skilled occupations that are in demand by the local labour market such as cooks, butchers, and truck drivers;
- Nova Scotia in-Demand: Express Entry - selects highly skilled applicants who have a good chance of securing a job in Nova Scotia from the Express Entry pool; and
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry - selects highly skilled applicants who have been working in Nova Scotia for at least a year from the Express Entry pool;
If you know where you want to live in Canada, you can apply directly to the provincial government. If you are successful in your application you will receive a provincial nomination, which so long as you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you are applying to, guarantees your visa for permanent residency in Canada. Knowing how to apply for a provincial nomination from Turkey is what could separate you from all the other hopeful immigrants.
The Immigration and Refugee Council of Canada is continuously experimenting with different visa types to meet the needs of the Canadian labour market. For example, the four provinces of Atlantic Canada; New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island are facing a shortage of both semi-skilled and skilled workers. As a matter of fact, they are facing a shortage of people, period. For this reason, the Atlantic Immigration Pilot was created to help address these shortages by allowing applicants with a valid job offer in Atlantic Canada to apply for permanent residency through this special program.
Another example is the Agri-food Immigration Pilot, a program that was created to address a serious shortage in the agricultural industry of Canada. The pilot makes provision for foreign workers with permanent contracts on the following occupations to become permanent residents of Canada.
|Eligible Agricultural Occupations|
|Occupation||Applications processed per year|
|Retail butchers & Industrial butchers||1,470|
|Food processing labourers||730|
|Farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers||50|
There are more such pilot programs that can help you secure permanent residency and your Canada visa, you can learn more by following the link at the bottom of the page.
Applying for Your Canadian Visa
When you know which visa program or immigration stream is going to ultimately lead to you being able to live in Canada permanently, you will need to begin the application process. Then comes the requirements of the various programs of how to apply for a Canada visa from Turkey. For the most part, they are very similar with a few small differences here and there. This is a general outline of what you can expect to meet:
|Canada Visa Eligibility Requirements|
|Admissible to Canada||you cannot have a criminal record|
|Experience/Qualification||if you are applying to become a permanent resident, you will typically have to show you are able to perform the duties as laid out in your job offer|
|Education||every program has a minimum requirement of at least a Canadian high school diploma or the equivalent.|
|Proof of funds||if you aren’t already working in Canada, you must show you can pay for your cost to move and settle in Canada|
|Language Requirements||depending on your visa type, you may need to get a minimum score on one of the Canadian Language Benchmark tests|
|Medical Examination||you may be required to have a doctor's examination to show you don’t have any terminal/life threatening illnesses.|
Move to Canada
Depending on one which immigration program you apply for your Canadian visa through, for nearly every visa type (except tourist, Express Entry, and IEC), you will require a valid job offer if you want to become a permanent resident. The first step will be using your job offer to get a Canadian work permit and apply for permanent residence. Keep in mind that Canada can be expensive without employment. When you arrive you don't want to struggle, being forced to spend all your savings and relying on others. Securing a job offer before you come over will be the best option. Formulate a strategy, follow the procedure and there is no reason why your dream of a better future can’t become a reality in Canada.
How We Make Immigration to Canada from Turkey Simple
With all of these immigration and visa options to choose from, the process can become quite overwhelming and confusing. But it doesn't have to be. By using our accredited Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) you will not only improve your chances of success in the visa application process, but you will get expert advice on which program is best for your specific needs. Our RCICs are highly qualified and are granted permission by the ICCRC to assist you with your eligibility evaluation, review all your documents and application forms, and submit them to the Canadian government for you. Why take the chance of having your application denied because your forms are incorrect or sent in too late.
We take care of the fineprint while you choose your dream destination in Canada for you and your loved ones. All you have to do is complete our application form to receive your eligibility assessment today. It's just that simple.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn for up to date information and interesting blog posts on Canadian Immigration.