If you are an engineer looking for a high-paying job in one of the best countries in the world, look no further than Canada. Some of the best engineering jobs in Canada for immigrants include high-paying opportunities that have been made available to continue the Canadian government’s initiative to continue growing the economy.
While Canada hasn’t been as affected by the Covid-19 pandemic as many other countries globally, it is focused on rebuilding whatever has been lost from 2019 to 2021. The country has been going out of its way and creating some of the best immigration programs and jobs in Canada to assure job security for all, and not only their residents.
Planning to welcome over 1.2 million immigrants in the next three years (2021-2023), Canada’s Express Entry System has allowed many foreigners to apply and get a Canadian visa to move to and work in Canada. What’s next for immigration in one of the best-ranked countries for quality of life in the world? Well, if you’re an engineer, you probably want to use your skills to create buildings, infrastructure, and all sorts of property, right?
Where better to do it than one of the richest, modern, and safest countries in the world? Plus, don’t forget the strong and stable economy, which promises highly competitive salaries in every field of work.
Why Immigrate to Canada as an Engineer?
The field of engineering is incredibly broad. Since Canada is such a big country, its continued expansion and development require skilled workers, which is why Canadian companies are recruiting from countries worldwide.
If you are skilled in any field of engineering, have work experience, and education, and meet the requirements for one of the Canadian immigration programs, then moving to Canada is one of the best decisions of your Engineering career that you can make. In fact, there are so many engineering jobs in Canada for immigrants that companies are willing to pay more for someone that fills an engineering position compared to anywhere else globally. With that in mind, even if you don’t meet the requirements to qualify for an immigration program now if you are determined to get a job in Canada, you can make it happen. This can be done by obtaining a qualification or work experience to increase your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score and apply again when you are ready.
12 Highest-Paying Canadian Engineering Jobs
|Highest-Paying Engineering Jobs|
|Biomedical Engineer||$51,200 to $151,000|
|Project Management||$56,250 to $150,000|
|Civil Engineer||$62,000 to $135,732|
|Government Sector Engineer||$50,764 to $122,880|
|Mechanical Engineer||$39,379 to $110,764|
|Software Engineer||$92,088 to $110,764|
|Electric Engineer||$74,992 to $107,500|
|Engineering Inspector||$66,000 to $95,000|
|Structural Engineer||$66,000 to $95,000|
|Transportation Engineer||$66,000 to $95,000|
|Architect||$66,000 to $95,000|
|Geotechnical Engineer||$56,121 to $92,313|
Best Immigration Options Available
With a high enough CRS score, you can land one of the highest-paying jobs in Canada in the field of engineering.
To meet the requirements and find the right immigration program for you, you can consider two options depending on what is best suited for you:
1. Express Entry System
Engineers fall under the skill type A National Occupation Category (NOC), which indicates their eligibility to apply for the Federal Skilled Worker Program as a skilled worker. To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of at least one year’s work experience, which is equivalent to about 1,560 hours in the past ten years in the field you are applying for.
- Language proficiency in English and/or French to communicate in your job effectively. To prove that your language skills are good, you must pass a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) test and earn at least a score of 7 in each of the four categories, including reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Proof of qualifications, which can be presented with an Education Credential Assessment (ECA) that must be completed for every qualification that you have. If you don’t have a master’s qualification, you can also enroll in the Canadian institute to complete your master’s degree in your field of study, part-time. While you don’t need a master’s qualification to apply for jobs in Canada, it will help you land your job faster and possibly a higher paying job too.
- Proof of funds to show that you can support yourself and your family in Canada, as well as if you have to return to your home country.
- Eligibility to immigrate to Canada, which means that you must have a clean criminal record, a medical certificate that details your clean bill of health, prove that you are adaptable to Canadian society and that you will contribute to the economy through means of getting a job.
Provincial Nomination Program (PNP)
To apply for a PNP, you should apply for a provincial nomination. The program requires you to first choose the province that you want to live and work in, which is something you need to specify on your Express Entry profile that you create online.
The next step is to check if the province that you wish to move to and find a job that needs engineers in your line of work. Once you are deemed in demand by the province of your choice, your profile will be measured based on your CRS score that consists of 1,200 points. The more requirements you meet, the higher you will score, and the more eligible you will appear to the Canadian government. If you apply for a job and get a permanent job offer in a province, your CRS score will also significantly increase, which can secure you an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency in Canada.
Are You Eligible to Move to Canada?
With eligibility to move to Canada to study or land a job, you can excel in your career and make your dream of working in one of the best countries in the world, a reality.
Engineering jobs in Canada for immigrants are more in demand than it's ever been before, and what a great time to make the best career move of your life than in 2021 or beyond.
With some of the highest-paying jobs in Canada being engineering positions, you can apply for a job today, along with a work permit, and check your eligibility to qualify for a Canadian visa.
If you are looking for assistance to guide you on your eligibility status to move to and work in Canada as an engineer with your family, you can get in touch with an affiliated and registered expert. We work with Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) that can guide you on your journey to become a Canadian resident.