Canadian immigration news: Excellent news for newcomers wanting to settle in Ontario. 755 applicants who qualified for the Ontario Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream were invited by the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). These applicants have to have a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of at least 310 on their Express Entry profile. Candidates who created an Express Entry profile between July 14, 2021, and July 14, 2022, were invited through the Ontario PNP
Additionally, 33 Invitations to Apply (ITAs) were distributed on July 15, 2022, by the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) under the Entrepreneur Stream (OINP-ES). For this ITA round, expressions of interest (EOIs) that were received and evaluated by the OINP - ES by July 8, 2022, were eligible. The ITAs were given out for EOIs with scores between 146 and 174.
In other Canadian immigration news: The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) sent targeted notices of interest to applicants who would be eligible for Ontario's Express Entry Skilled Trades stream on July 14, 2022.
Candidates with a comprehensive ranking system score of 310 or above, and job experience in the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes, were specifically targeted by the OINP:
- NOC 7201 – Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
- NOC 7202 – Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- NOC 7203 – Contractors and supervisors, pipefitting trades
- NOC 7204 – Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
- NOC 7205 – Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
- NOC 7232 – Tool and die makers
- NOC 7233 – Sheet metal workers
- NOC 7234– Boilermakers
- NOC 7235 – Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters
- NOC 7236 – Ironworkers
- NOC 7237 – Welders and related machine operators
- NOC 7241 – Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- NOC 7242 – Industrial electricians
- NOC 7244 – Electrical power line and cable workers
- NOC 7245 – Telecommunications line and cable workers
- NOC 7251 – Plumbers
- NOC 7252 – Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers
- NOC 7271 – Carpenters
- NOC 7281 – Bricklayers
- NOC 7282 – Concrete finishers
- NOC 7283 – Tilesetters
- NOC 7284 – Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers
- NOC 7291 – Roofers and shinglers
- NOC 7292 – Glaziers
- NOC 7293 – Insulators
- NOC 7294 – Painters and decorators (except interior decorators)
- NOC 7301 – Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- NOC 7302 – Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews
- NOC 7303 – Supervisors, printing and related occupations
- NOC 7305 – Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators
- NOC 7311 – Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
- NOC 7312 – Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- NOC 7313 – Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- NOC 7314 – Railway carmen/women
- NOC 7315 – Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
- NOC 7318 – Elevator constructors and mechanics
- NOC 7321 – Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers
- NOC 7333 – Electrical mechanics
- NOC 7334 – Motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and other related mechanics
- NOC 7371 – Crane operators
- NOC 8255 – Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services
If your skills are on this list, it is high time to get your application in, to be included for the next draw click the link below.
Ontario Immigration Nominee Program
Ontario's Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is called the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). It is, arguably, one of the more famous Canada PNP. As Canada's most populous province, nearly 40% of Canadians live in Ontario. Ontario is also home to Canada's capital, Ottawa, and its largest city, Toronto. Ontario is in many ways the center of Canada's economic, social and political life. Ontario is also a popular destination for immigrants. The province welcomes a third of all newcomers each year. Ontario has plenty of job opportunities, high incomes, and a diverse population. More than half of Toronto's residents were born outside Canada, which makes Ontario immigration that much more desirable.
Addressing talent shortages in critical industries, making it easier to invest in Ontario, and ensuring that immigrants can effectively integrate into the province are the main objectives of the OINP. Through this program, prospective immigrants with province-targeted skills and experience can receive a provincial nomination from Ontario. They can then apply for permanent residency in Canada with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The Ontario Immigration Nominee Program was initially only permitted to nominate up to 1,000 newcomers. However, this has increased exponentially going forward. The federal government has recently allocated the 2022 nominations for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), while the province will receive 9,750 nominees in 2022. Within Ontario's federal nomination allotment for 2022, the OINP continues to keep an eye on the intake of applications.
Eligibility for an NOI/EOI
Candidates for the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Canadian Experience Class can obtain permanent residency through Ontario's Express Entry-linked Skilled Trades Stream. The OINP welcomes qualified applicants to submit a provincial nomination application.
Candidates must have resided in Ontario and have a valid work permit in order to be considered. A minimum of one year of full-time work experience is also required, or its equivalent in part-time work. Candidates must have work experience in the province, and in a skilled trade that is classified by the National Occupational Classification of Canada (as Minor Group 633 or Major Group 72, 73, or 82,) and in shortage within that province.)
Periodically throughout the year, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) sends out Invitations to Apply (ITAs) and Notifications of Interest (NOIs) or Expression of Interest (EOI).
Invitations to Apply are distributed via the Expression of Interest streams that are available in Ontario. They consist of different categories such as:
- Category for Employer Job Offers.
- Stream for Foreign Workers.
- Stream for international students.
- Stream of In-Demand Skills.
- Masters Degree holders.
- Ph.D. holders.
- Entrepreneur Stream
Through its three primary economic class immigration programs, Canada manages petitions for permanent residency using this federal immigration system.
With the Canada PNP, you'll be assigned a point score based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Candidates with the highest CRS scores are given the opportunity to submit an application for permanent residence. Ontario will continue to welcome more newcomers in the foreseeable future.
For more Canadian immigration news follow us on social media.