To qualify for the business immigration to Canada under the Self-Employment Program, an applicant must demonstrate that they have relevant artistic or athletic experience, allowing them to be self-employed and make a significant contribution to the cultural and sporting life of Canada.
To be eligible for this program, applicants need to:
- Have net assets of at least CAD $100 000 that has been legally obtained
- Relevant experience including at least two years self-employment or participation at a world class level in art, culture, recreation, or sport activities – as listed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Applicants are also assessed based on their education, experience, age, English/French language ability, and adaptability to Canadian culture
- Applicants who wish to purchase a farm must have at least two years of farm management experience
The assessment of the application will also take into account other factors, such as:
- Age of applicant and spouse where applicable
- The nature and duration of applicant’s respective professional training
- Language skills
If you are looking to establish, invest in or acquire a business in Canada, our professional RCICs and immigration consultants will ensure that your visa documentation is submitted correctly and on time. Our consultants will also advise you on the visa options best suited to your individual profile.
Contact us today to begin your application process.