Study Permit Visa Partners

If your partner is studying in Canada and you would like to work, there are visas available to you. The work/study permit allows spouses or common-law partners to enjoy the many job opportunities in Canada. Foreign workers with work experience and the right qualifications can apply to work in Canada for the duration of their partner’s studies.

Qualifying Criteria

To qualify for this permit, both partners must reside in Canada. The partner who wishes to study must possess a valid study permit as well as acceptance as a full-time student at a tertiary institution.

The partner or spouse must be in possession of a valid work permit in a skilled or semi-skilled occupation for 6 months. A job offer is not necessary for applicants.

Working or studying in Canada allows applicants the opportunity of gaining Canadian work experience and settling into the country.


Once you have graduated from the college or university, it is possible to extend your stay in Canada. This is usually open for a period of 6 months up to 2 years.





phone number
I speak: