Alberta is one of Canada’s most economically strong provinces. It is known for its agriculture, forestry, education, hospitality, tourism, and manufacturing industry. The demand for these jobs brings in Canadians from all over the country and people from all over the world. These booming industries provide thousands of people with jobs in Canada.
Even with the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic, you can rest assured that Alberta’s economy is still going strong. The province has recovered financially from the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, sooner than expected.
Alberta has gained back 90 percent of the jobs lost during the pandemic. They have also added 70,000 new jobs since the start of 2021.
Since many people wish to immigrate to Canada and settle in Alberta because of its employment opportunities, there is a need for an immigration program that works well and is fast. That’s where the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, or AINP, comes in.
The AINP is aimed at skilled foreign workers and entrepreneurs, and it offers permanent residency.
What stands out about the AINP is that because of recent developments, processing times can be as short as 4 to 6 months!
1. What is the AINP?
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is an immigration program that offers permanent residency in Canada to skilled foreign workers who have the necessary work experience and training.
Canada is seeking skilled workers so this program was made in order for foreign workers to be hired for in-demand jobs in Alberta.
How does the AINP work?
The AINP works with a number of streams, namely:
- The Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Foreign Graduate Start-Up Visa Stream
- Self-employed Farmer Stream
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
Let’s find out more about each of the AINP streams:
Alberta Express Entry stream
- This program allows the province of Alberta to nominate a certain number of candidates from the Express Entry system
- Selected candidates will be asked to submit an application by a notification of interest
Foreign Graduate Start-up Visa stream
- The Foreign Graduate Start-up visa stream (FGSVS) offers foreign graduates who want to launch their start-up businesses in Alberta, the opportunity to apply for permanent residency from outside of Canada
- Applicants will have to work with approved designated agencies
Self-employed Farmer stream
- This stream was created to help foreign farmers start their own farming businesses in Alberta, Canada
- The stream allows immigrants with agricultural experience to obtain permanent residency in Canada
International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- This stream allows international foreign post-graduate work permit holders to start their own business or buy an existing business in Alberta, Canada, if they have at least 6 months of business work experience as well as a qualification from a college or university in Alberta
Alberta Opportunity Stream
- The Alberta Opportunity Stream allows foreign workers to apply for permanent residency in Canada under the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program if they have a full-time employment offer in Alberta and are already working and living in the province
Find out more about the requirements for each of these streams.
2. Is it Hard to Be Successful at the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)?
The AINP application process does not have to be difficult. You just need to make sure that you tick 3 boxes and then you’ll be set to apply.
- Be a skilled worker
- Have at least 12 months of work experience
- Find the stream that matches your skills and qualifications
Once you ensure that you meet all the requirements of your chosen stream, you can start applying.
The AINP has invited 5,910 Express Entry candidates since January 2021. They have also invited 293 Express Entry candidates with scores of at least 300 to apply for a provincial nomination, so there is definitely hope!
Canadianvisa.org makes the application process even easier so you don’t have to struggle unnecessarily. Start planning your new life in Alberta with peace of mind, knowing that you have a higher chance of success.
3. How Much Does it Cost to Apply For the AINP?
Although there are not any AINP application fees involved, should you be selected for permanent residency, you will be required to pay the following:
- Processing fee $550
- Right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) $490
- A dependent child $150
4. AINP Processing Time
Paper based applications for permanent residency using this program generally take about 18 months to process. However, thanks to the development of the new online portal, the processing time can be as short as 4 to 6 months.
Visa processing can take time and many programs can take around 12 months and more to process. So get ahead and take the stress of long waiting periods off your shoulders with the AINP.
5. Resources Available
The process of immigrating and applying for visas can be tricky to do on your own. This is why there are different resources available to guide you on your journey to Canada and make the road smoother. Representatives are one such resource.
Using a representative to apply for programs such as the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program can make the process much easier for you because we handle the specifics and allow you to rest assured. Representatives will ensure that everything that is required is submitted correctly and on time, which will increase your chances of having your visa approved.
If you decide to use a representative when applying for the AINP, you will need the following documents, in addition to the documents required by the specific stream that you are applying for:
- Representative form
- IRCC Representative form
It is important to ensure that you are working with an authorized representative before you take the first step on your journey to Alberta, Canada.
So now you know what the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program is and the different streams it offers. All that’s left to do is to decide which stream is for you. Once you’ve found your stream, get ready to start your application process to live your Canadian dream.