How to Immigrate to Canada as an Au Pair

Au Pairing is an occupation reserved almost exclusively for women. Parents simply trust the female gender much more with their children's lives, and understandably so. The first benefit that comes to mind is an immediate reduction in competition; from the number of people in the job pool to the number of spots available in the special Canadian permanent residency program, the Home Child Care Provider Pilot. The rising cost of daycare in Canada has seen a significant increase in the number of parents who are instead opting for an Au Pair to take care of their child's needs as it often costs the same if not less than daycare. Don’t be fooled either, this doesn’t mean you’ll be earning peanuts. The average au pair makes around $290 a week in addition to room and board in Canada. The single biggest advantage of working as an au pair in Canada is the opportunity to study part-time while you work, or vice versa.

Studying in Canada can open up many doors and additional pathways to becoming a permanent resident in Canada. It is highly probable that you will find a suitable post-secondary institution within the city or town of the family you are working for.

Here's the 3-steps process to immigrate to Canada as an Au Pair.

The Steps to Permanent Residency in Canada as an Au Pair

Get Canadian Permanent Residency Working as an Au Pair in Canada

1. Secure a Job from a Canadian Family

The first and most important step is to secure a job offer from a Canadian family. There are numerous platforms available to find opportunities such as, GreatAuPair, and Typically you will need to have strong references and if you are a little older show some form of experience or qualification in childcare.

2. Apply For a Work Permit and Permanent Residency

Once you have an offer of employment you will need to apply for a temporary work permit. If you are admissible to Canada, you will be granted an occupation restricted open work permit. This means that you will be allowed to work for different employers, but only in child care.

3. Get Two Years Work Experience in Canada

Importantly, you can submit your application for Canadian permanent residency at the same time as you submit your work permit application. If you meet the requirements, you will be granted your temporary work permit and your application will be lodged. Once you have twenty-four months or two years of work experience in child care in Canada, submit proof and a final decision for your permanent residency will be made by the Immigration, Refugee Council of Canada (IRCC).

How We Can Help You Immigrate to Canada as an Au Pair

Canadian Permanent Residency-Work in Canada as a Nanny

Once you have a job offer, the long and complicated process of applying for your work permit and permanent residency begins. There are numerous forms to complete, deadlines to meet and if there is an error on any of your documentation, you risk it being sent back and having to start over. That’s where we come in.

As an official immigration service, we offer guidance and assistance through the entire Canadian immigration process. Our certified RCICs (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants) are extremely knowledgeable in all Canadian immigration policies and are permitted by the Canadian government to liaise with them on the applicant's behalf. All candidates will first be evaluated to see whether or not they can apply for one of 100 immigration programs, visas, and streams. Once we know which options you can apply for, you can then confidently select your preferred immigration program and your designated consultant will ensure that all your documents are completed accurately and submitted on time.

When you apply for Canadian permanent residency with our services you essentially remove all the stress and complications from the immigration process, and with our high success rate you can rest assured that your application is in good hands as you gain express entry into Canada.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram for more information and updates on Canadian immigration and the visa application process.