Earn Up to $87,828 as a Pipefitter in Canada

Pipefitters and other skilled trades occupations are not only in demand in Canada but also offers high paying salaries and benefits such as free public health and schooling for your children. As a pipefitter, you can earn anywhere from $18,842 to $87,828 per year, depending on your experience

There are currently hundreds of jobs available across Canada on job portals such as Indeed, Wow Jobs and Workopolis, offering lucrative positions to qualified and experienced workers.

As a qualified pipefitter, there are 2 main ways to migrate to Canada. Firstly those who are highly skilled and experienced can apply via the Federal Skilled Trades Program, managed by the Express Entry system. This allows you to find work as a pipefitter anywhere in Canada as well as offering permanent residence if your visa application is successful.

The second option is to apply through The Provincial Nomination Program, which is an employer-specific program aimed at helping provinces or territories fill in-demand positions that cannot be filled locally. If you do not qualify for the Express Entry option you may be considered if you express an interest in a particular province or territory and have a job offer. This allows you to relocate even though you may not have a high CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score.

Once you have a job offer, you will need to have a work permit to be legally employed in Canada. Visit our blog here to find out how to apply for a work permit.

Keep reading to find out how you can migrate to Canada as a pipefitter or simply click the link below to chat with one of our knowledgeable immigration consultants and get your evaluation started.

How Do I Migrate to Canada as a Pipefitter?

Canadian passport and boarding pass

The first step is choosing the right immigration program.

Option 1: Express Entry - Federal Skilled Trades Program

The Federal Skilled Trades Program allows you to migrate to Canada in as little as 6 months, as it is managed by the Express Entry system. Your profile is ranked against other applicants based on factors such as your age, work experience and trade qualifications. Those who have the highest ranking CRS scores will then receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for permanent residence.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is aimed at those who fall under one of the following National Occupation Qualifications:

National Occupation Qualifications Categories
Major Group 72
  • Industrial

  • Electrical

  • Construction
  • Major Group 73
  • Maintenance

  • Equipment Operation
  • Major Group 82
  • Supervisors and Technicians in Natural Resources

  • Agriculture
  • Major Group 92
  • Processing and Manufacturing

  • Utility Supervisors

  • Central Control Operators
  • Minor Group 632
  • Chefs and Cooks
  • Minor Group 633
  • Butchers and Bakers

  • The best thing about the Express Entry system is that you do not require a job offer to qualify. You can also look for employment anywhere in Canada and every 2 weeks you have a chance of receiving an ITA.

    Option 2: Provincial Nominee Program

    The PNP (Provincial Nominee Program) is aimed at those who do not necessarily qualify for the Express Entry system programs however are skilled and qualified in jobs that are in demand in certain provinces and territories in Canada.

    You will need a job offer to qualify for most PNPs and will only be able to work for you designated employer in a designated province or territory.

    A great aspect of the PNP is that some provinces have Express Entry categories. This means that if you have an Express Entry profile, provinces or territories are able to select your profile from the draw pool and send you a provincial nominee (PN). A PN is worth 600 extra CRS points, which means that you will already have half of the maximum CRS score of 1200 points, meaning that you are almost guaranteed to receive an ITA for permanent residence.

    Provinces and territories that need pipefitters are:

    • Nova Scotia
    • New Brunswick
    • Ontario
    • Manitoba
    • British Columbia

    Once your application is accepted for either program, you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence which will afford you certain benefits such as free public healthcare and schooling for your children up until grade 12. You will also be able to apply for Canadian citizenship after having lived in Canada for at least 3 years.

    To get started on the evaluation process, simply click the link below

    How We Can Help You With Your Application

    Professional taking notes

    Navigating the Canadian immigration system can be overwhelming, with a copious amount of forms and documents to complete and strict submission deadlines - we wouldn’t blame you if you feel scared about getting started on your application. But that's what we’re here for. At Canadian Visa, we take the stress and hassle out of planning to relocate abroad. Our accredited RCICs (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants) are ready to evaluate your eligibility, review all documentation and submit all documentation on your behalf. Using an RCIC not only gives you the best possible chance of receiving an ITA but will make the entire process simple and stress-free.

    We handle the paperwork while you choose your dream job in Canada. All you have to do is fill out our application form to receive your assessment today and we’ll guide you through the entire process. It's just that simple.