On July 4, the government of Ontario released the list of targeted Information and Communications Technology (ICT) occupations that were recently prioritized under the province’s Express Entry-aligned Human Capital Priorities Stream.
The stream is part of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).
This occupation-specific initiative began on June 26, when the Ontario government made an announcement on the targeted selection of ICT professionals from the Express Entry pool.
In addition to that, the Ontario government has reduced the required Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for selection under the Human Capital Priorities stream to 400 points. Meaning that many ICT professionals in the Express Entry pool now have a higher chance of receiving a Notification of Interest (NOI) than was previously the case.
It is however not yet clear if Ontario will continue to specifically target ICT professionals in the pool.
The government of Ontario went through the pool and specifically selected ICT professionals with the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes:
- NOC 0131: Telecommunication Carriers Managers
- NOC 0213: Computer and Information System Managers
- NOC 2133: Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- NOC 2147: Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
- NOC 2171: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- NOC 2172: Database Analysts and Data Administrators
- NOC 2173: Software Engineers and Designers
- NOC 2174: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- NOC 2175: Web Designers and Developers
- NOC 2241: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- NOC 2281: Computer Network Technicians
- NOC 2282: User Support Technicians
- NOC 2283: System Testing Technicians
- NOC 5224: Broadcast Technicians
- NOC 5241: Graphic Designers and Illustrators
To learn more about Ontario visit our website here.