How to Apply for Admission
There will be different admission guidelines depending on the university or college that you choose. It is always recommended that you apply for a few institutions so that you do not limit yourself and open yourself up to more options, but this should be done at least 6 months to a year before the end of your high school career.
If you are a resident of Canada or you are a foreign student, you will have different application procedures, as well as costs.
Each admission will have different criteria, so always read carefully and make sure that you are prepared with every piece of documentation needed for your application.
If you contact the specific school or do your research online, you will find out essential information including:
- the cost of applying
- tuition fees
- health insurance
- rent and how much it will cost to live in Canada
- language tests
College applications can work differently depending on the school and specific course. Often, colleges will accept student applications until a specific date and it is based on a first come, first served basis.
Tips for applying to colleges and universities
- Check the application requirements and apply in advance
- Apply online and skip the queues. There are many universities that offer this service and it should take no longer than an hour to complete the application form.
- Make sure you know the application processes for each institution. Some universities and colleges will determine your eligibility once they receive the application, while some wait till a certain time to go through the applications. This is a process that requires a great deal of patience.
- Know what is expected of you. Some degrees require certain subjects to be completed in school and with a pass-mark that meets the demands of the institution.