Have you thought about leveling up your education in Canada but are unsure of which tertiary institution would be best for you? If so, then perhaps to put your questions and concerns to rest, narrowing down the number of choices to one province would be best. In this case, New Brunswick, one of the Atlantic provinces, is a premium destination for those looking to get the best out of their Canadian educational experience.
We have compiled 16 colleges and universities in New Brunswick that offer quality education, enabling you to enroll and possibly earn yourself an internationally recognized degree from a well-renowned Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) in Canada.
Below, we uncover some of the most popular universities in New Brunswick in 2022-2023 that are ranked and numbered accordingly, as per the data on uniRank.
Why Study in New Brunswick?
Canada’s education system is world-renowned since the government spends more on education per capita than any other industrial nation in the world. According to surveys run by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Canada is one of the few countries that appears in the top bracket for education in math, science and reading. According to Consumer News and Business Channel (CNBC), Canada tops the list as the most educated country in the world.
New Brunswick, with its varied and extensive network of educational opportunities is one of the biggest contributors to Canada’s glowing educational metrics. So let's take a look at some of the tertiary institutions that have elevated New Brunswick to the top of our list of provinces we recommend our clients emigrate to for education.
The Top Universities in New Brunswick
University of New Brunswick: Fredericton, Canada
This university offers courses and programs leading to well-recognized degrees in higher education, such as pre-bachelor degrees, certificates, diplomas (associate or foundation), Masters and doctorate degrees in various fields. Students will be selected based on their past academic records and grades. The university offers courses in arts, humanities, business, social sciences, engineering, etc.
Mount Allison University: Sackville, Canada
The university offers bachelor's and Master's degrees, and it has a great standing with international students, welcoming them with open arms. You can expect courses such as arts, humanities, medicine and health, language and culture, engineering and much more.
Université de Moncton: Moncton, Canada
You can earn a degree such as a pre-bachelor degree, certificate, Diploma (associate or foundation), Master's degree, or doctorate in several courses such as arts, humanities, business, social sciences, engineering and much more.
Yorkville University: Fredericton
The university offers degrees, masters (in education) and doctorates (in counseling and psychotherapy), as well as courses in other fields such as interior design, creative arts, business and much more. International students can immerse themselves in programs, and scholarships are awarded to high-performing students.
St. Thomas University: Fredericton, Canada
This university welcomes international students and offers scholarships. Students who perform exceptionally well will be at an advantage. In addition, the university also offers bachelor's degrees in courses such as human anatomy, history of life sciences, scientific reasoning and much more.
Crandall University: Moncton, Canada
Crandall University is big on offering students financial aid and scholarships, including study abroad options and exchange programs for international students. The university also offers bachelor's and Master's degrees in courses such as psychology, religious studies, English, arts, sociology, and much more.
Kingswood University: Sussex, Canada
Kingswood University ranks 7th on the list and offers scholarships, grants, courses and programs for graduate degrees, undergraduate degrees, online degrees, and certificate programs. The university is driven by religious studies while offering hands-on training in ministry experience and spiritual formation.
St. Stephen's University: St. Stephen, Canada
And finally, we have St. Stephen's University ranking 8th on the list with its offer of financial aid, scholarships, study abroad, and exchange programs for international students. Additionally, the university offers graduate and undergraduate degrees - you can expect degrees such as a bachelor of international students and a bachelor of arts encompassing humanities, psychology, and community engagement.
Not looking to study in New Brunswick specifically? Simply expand your horizons as an international student and find our resources on the cheapest universities in Canada here.
Alternatively, suppose you're unsure where to start. In that case, we advise you to contact our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), who can advise you on a suitable immigration option or a city or university in Canada that will suit your needs.
The Top Colleges in New Brunswick
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
- Tuition fees (Fall): $1,690.00 (domestic student) and $4,734.00 (international student)
- Tuition fees (Winter): $1,690.00 (domestic student) and $4,734.00 (international student)
- Programs and departments: Offer practical skills and experience required for the chosen field and prepares students for the real-life working environment. Additionally, this community college offers full-time and part-time courses and programs such as post-graduates, apprenticeship, and specialized programs.
Maritime College Of Forest Technology (MCFT)
- Tuition fees: C$5,152.00 (international student) and C$2,576.00 (Canadian student)
- Programs and departments: Offer professional certifications and advanced diplomas in forest technology and wildlife technology to students with prior forestry experience. In addition, the Bathurst faculty still trains forest technicians in French today.
New Brunswick Bible Institute (NBBI)
- Tuition fees: First semester and second semester (single student) C$2,300.00. Room and board (single student)
- Tuition fees: First semester and second semester (married students) C$2,005.00
McKenzie College School of Art & Design
Below are the tuition fees and programs offered:
- Diploma in Video Game Art: CA$15,490 per year
- Diploma in Photography Media Arts: CA$15,490 per year
- Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship: CA$7,745 per year
- Diploma in TV & Game Animation: CA$15,490 per year
- BA (Hons) in Graphic Design: CA$14,250 per year
- BA(Hons) in Photography: N/A
- Masters in Graphic Design: CA$15,490 per year
New Brunswick College Of Craft And Design (NBCCD)
- Tuition fees: Full-time Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and Maine residents - 3,382 C$ (Canadian Dollars)
- Full-time International students: 9452 C$ per year (Canadian Dollars)
- Programs and departments: Offers Diploma in 3D digital design, graphic design, textile design, fashion design, jewelry design and much more.
Collège Communautaire Du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB)
Below are the tuition fees for:
- Degree: C$3,786
- Certificate: C$3,786
- Post-Grad: C$3,786
- Programs and departments: Practical nursing, early childhood education (remote), Office Management, business administration—accounting intervention techniques for special education and autism.
Rocket Sky 3D Animation School (online)
- Tuition fees: C$5,400 and a C$100 registration fee to secure your spot.
- Programs and departments: Offers degree programs, BA courses, and Ph.D. programs. In addition, you can enroll in courses such as illustration, motion graphics, screenwriting, storyboarding, animation, and much more.
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
- Tuition fees for international students: C$15,874 - C$25,331
- Tuition fees for Canadian students: C$1,870 - C$8,596
- Programs and departments: Offers bachelor's degrees, diplomas, certificates, Ontario graduate certificates, and apprenticeship programs. In addition, the college offers programs through eight academic schools: Applied Technology; Business; Creative and Performing Arts; Health Sciences; Hospitality, Recreation, and Tourism; Liberal Arts and Sciences; Media Studies, and much more.
We have taken the time to compile 16 colleges and universities in New Brunswick, which are currently trending and ranking top for 2022 - 2023. Kindly note that the above-ranking information or fees can easily change based on the evolving nature of courses or the situation and circumstances of international or Canadian students.
You can learn more about the top cheap colleges in Canada if you want to expand your college search beyond New Brunswick.
How Can We Help You to Apply?
With the understanding of how complicated the process of applying to immigrate to Canada for educational purposes can be, it is recommended that applicants use the authoritative services of an RCIC affiliated immigration consultancy agency. CanadianVisa is one of these agencies that can be able to assist you.
International students wanting to live and work in Canada must know how to obtain a study permit. Below we briefly outline the steps involved in applying for a study permit:
- Step 1: Check eligibility - ensure you have secured your acceptance letter and meet the program criteria.
- Step 2: Get a Letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning institution (DLI)
- Step 3: Gather important documents like a passport, proof of finances, letter of explanation, and other required documents.
- Step 4: Pay the application fees and apply online
Note: We advise candidates to maintain honesty throughout the application process, as the information they provide must be validated with the necessary supporting documents later. Failure to do so will result in delayed processing times, and your application will be returned to you.
Can a Poor Student Study in Canada?
The Canadian government does not discriminate against students, hence the variety of programs, visas and scholarships accessible to international students. Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) in Canada have rolled out many scholarships, grants, financial aid and resources to provide underprivileged international students who need the necessary support. While students may have the necessary financial support for their studies, we still advise them to consider getting a part-time job to sustain them out campus life.
What are the Top Five Universities in Canada?
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- University of Montreal
What are the Fastest Ways to Get to Canada?
Express Entry is known for its quick immigration results. The Provincial Nomination Program is used by Canadian employers seeking global talent to fill the worker-to-retiree ratio and the labor needs of the province. Find out more about the easiest ways to live and work in Canada, which is also the fastest way that allows you to immigrate months from now.