How to Apply for a Canada Visa from Nigeria
It can be hard to choose a new home for yourself and your family. There are a lot of things to consider, like can your loved ones join you right away, or must they wait until you are a resident of that country? Will you be able to find a job easily? Should you look for work before you even leave your home country? How long does it take to immigrate to another country? We can try to answer most of these questions for you in due course, but let’s start off by saying that Canada is very pro-immigrants. If you want to get a Canada Visa from Nigeria, we can make it happen, one way or another. Canada needs skilled and semi-skilled people alike to help grow our blossoming economy. There are job opportunities in various sectors, which we will look at shortly.
Canada Visa Options for Nigerians
Popular Canada Visa Programs For Nigerians
Nigerians earn permanent residency visas through these popular immigration streams:
- Provincial Nominee Program - apply directly to the province for a nomination to become a permanent resident in Canada. If your qualifications and experience meet the labour demands of the province you apply to, they will motivate your visa application to the Canadian government. Different provinces have different labour requirements, so knowing which one to apply to is very important.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot - if you can get a valid job offer in one of the four Atlantic provinces in Canada; New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Prince Edwards Island and Nova Scotia, you will almost certainly be able to obtain a Canada visa from Nigeria to become a permanent resident. There are a wide variety of skills required in these provinces, namely cooks, butchers, bakers, trades workers, food and beverage servers, accountants and truck drivers.
- Express Entry System - obtain your Canada Visa and become a permanent resident in as little as six months through this program. By far the most popular of the immigration programs, managerial, professional and skilled trades workers can apply for permanent residency without even having a job offer in Canada through this program.
Why immigrate to Canada from Nigeria?
The reason for the big demand for labour is because Canada’s population growth is unable to meet the rapidly growing economy’s demands. Aside from the thousands of existing vacancies, hundreds of thousands of jobs are being created each year. High salaries for semi-skilled and skilled workers such as butchers, mechanics and IT professionals are luring people from all over the globe.
- Mechanics in Canada earn an average of $55,263 per year.
- When it comes to Marketing positions, entry level positions start at around $34,320 a year, and from there, the sky's the limit as the highest paid reported salaries are $390,000 a year!
- Generous minimum wage requirements put in place by the Canadian government for farm workers and harvesting labourers ensure a good quality of life for all of Canada’s residents. Harvesters earn an average of $23,400 per year.
- There are vacancies for accountant and administration positions across the country. Accountants make an average of $58,409 a year and administrative assistants can expect to make around $45,000 a year.
- Canada has the third largest IT industry in the world, and as such it has a substantial demand for skilled professionals such as web and full stack developers, who earn an average of $72,500 a year.
- Engineers are always in demand in Canada, the average salary is $69,547 a year.
Under the immigration programs mentioned above, and many more, it is possible to become a permanent resident in Canada. There is a strict list of requirements that must be adhered to, but you have a chance of becoming a citizen in a country with one of the best public support systems on earth. Public support in Canada includes free healthcare and free schooling for all children under the age of 18
Canada is a Free Country
The rights of Canadians are protected by a liberal government that values freedom above all else. In Canada people are free to be who they want, news broadcasters are free to report on any interesting events without bounds and human rights are respected with complete dignity.
You Don’t Have to Leave Family Behind
Canada is serious about keeping families together. If you meet the minimum settlement fund requirements, you can bring your family with you. Your immediate family will also be eligible to apply for work permits so that they can contribute to your household income.
Often people are worried about whether they struggle to fit into a new culture. The truth is Canada is a multicultural hub, nearly 20% of the current population are immigrants or the children of immigrants. We welcome thousands of new immigrants every month and because of this prejudices are almost non-existent.
Do You Need Help?
The immigration process can become overwhelming. There is a lot of paperwork involved in the process and tight deadlines must be met. Making use of a Regulated Immigration Consultant (RCIC) will take all the stress and uncertainty out of the process so you can focus on getting yourself and your family ready for the exciting new life that is waiting for you on the other side of the Atlantic ocean. Our RCIC’s are licensed by the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council) and take great pride in the knowledge, skills and ability to successfully aid hopeful candidates into our beautiful country.
If you would like to take the first step in this process, start by chatting to one of our RCIC’s by clicking the link below.
Want to move to Canada?