Are you looking to live in a country that is known for its safety, a place where you can peacefully raise a family knowing they’ll have plenty of opportunities? Well, Canada is that place; it’s full of possibilities for you and your family, whether it be for business, school or a career.
Canada has over 100 visas and immigration programs for you to choose from, but here are the best ways to immigrate to Canada from Iraq in 2022.
Move From Iraq to Canada
Canadian Business Immigration
A great way to immigrate to Canada is through businesses. In fact, Canada has the ninth-largest economy globally and is a great country to set up a thriving business. Below is one of the best ways to move to Canada through business immigration.
Start-up Visa Program
You can open your business anywhere in Canada through this visa, with the condition that your business meets certain criteria. Your business will need to create jobs for Canadians, it’ll need to compete internationally, and your business must be innovative.
You’ll also need to get support from one of the designated organizations. They will need to like your business idea and then invest in it.
Who are designated organizations?
These are groups of businesses that the government approves to invest or support your business through the Start-up Visa Program. There are three types of designated organizations, they are.
- Venture capital funds;
- Angel investor groups; and
- Business incubators.
Each organization generally has its own way of doing the intake process and criteria. Some may ask you to showcase your idea in person, while others may ask for a detailed business plan to be submitted. They also decide on whose business idea actually gets reviewed.
If a particular organization likes your idea and decides to invest in it, you’ll receive a Letter of Support.
So in total, to apply for the Start-up Visa Program, you must:
- have a qualifying business;
- get a letter of support from a designated organization;
- meet the language requirements; and
- bring enough money to settle.
Good to know!
While you’re waiting on your permanent residency to be processed, you’ll be able to apply for a temporary work permit. This will allow you to get your business up and running, therefore not wasting any time waiting.
Provincial Nominee Program
If you have an idea of where you would like to live in Canada, well, this would be one of your best ways to immigrate to Canada from Iraq in 2022. Through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you can apply directly to the province of your choice. This is because the Canadian government and the local provinces and territories have an agreement that allows them to nominate foreign nationals to live and work in the particular province.
This is, of course, if you meet their requirements based on their labour and immigration needs. This is why it’s important to apply to those provinces and territories where your skills and work experience are in-demand. This will only better your chance of receiving a nomination.
Each province and territory has various streams in which they invite foreign nationals. They vary from students and business people to skilled workers and semi-skilled workers.
What does receiving a nomination mean?
Receiving a nomination means that you’re able to apply for Canadian permanent residency.
How can I apply for a nomination?
You have the choice of two options. You could either:
- Apply directly to the province of your choice. This usually takes around 15-19 months to find out whether your application has been successful or not;
- Or you could apply through an Express Entry profile in which you’ll express notification of interest, allowing the province to choose you from the Express Entry pool. You can also apply through one of the many Provincial Nominee Express Entry Streams.
There certainly is a benefit to applying via Express Entry as it will dramatically speed up your application time. Express Entry is known for its short processing time of as quick as six months.
Express Entry is a popular and well-liked visa program by many foreign nationals for various reasons. Besides the quick processing time, as mentioned above, the program also holds many other benefits which, include:
- The Express Entry system alone, is aiming to invite around 55,900 immigrants to Canada as permanent residents in 2022;
- If you aren’t successful the first time around, you can remain in the draw pool for one year. During this time, you can improve your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score;
- An Express Entry draw can happen as often as every two weeks;
- Receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA) through the Express Entry means you can apply for permanent residency;
- You can apply with your partner to ensure a higher CRS score which means a stronger application; and
- There is no application start or end date. You can apply whenever you’re ready.
How can I apply for Express Entry?
1. See if you meet the minimum requirements
There are two ways you can do this. You can either answer a few questions or read each program’s detailed requirements that falls under Express Entry. They are:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program(FSWP);
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP); and
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
2. Get a CRS score
Once you’ve created an Express Entry profile, you’ll then be given a score and ranked accordingly. Your CRS score is based on factors such as language skills, work experience, education and adaptability. The highest score achievable is 1,200 points.
3. Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
Invitations are sent to those profiles with the highest scores. If you receive an ITA, you have 60 days to complete the application and submit it. The process after that will most likely take around six months to process.
If you have family members in Canada, this is a great program to immigrate through. There are certain requirements that your family member would need to meet. They would need to be able to support you financially as well as not need any social assistance from the Canadian government.
Further requirements include:
- Person needs to be at least 18 years old;
- Need to be a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents;
- provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor.
Through the Canadian Family Sponsorships, the above person can sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner as well as dependent children.
How to apply
To sponsor your spouse, partner or child. You will need to complete two separate applications. One application to become a legal spouse and another for the person you are sponsoring.
Iraqis Living in Canada
In 2011, there were over 50,000 Iraqis living in Canada, that number has since increased. Most Iraqis in Canada tend to move to the beautiful province of Ontario. Ontario is best known for its lakes of which it has over 250,000.
More than that, Ontario is full of potential whether you want to work, study, immigrate or start a business. With some of the best ways to immigrate to Canada from Iraq in 2022, all you need to do is see which Canadian visa you’re eligible for.