If you are a UAE citizen who is considering moving to Canada, you’re not alone. In the last decade, thousands of nationals from the UAE have been immigrating to Canada, and many more will do so in the coming years.
The reasons for moving are varied but tend to center on a better quality of life, improved job prospects and a higher standard of living. Canada offers all these things and more.
In this post, we explain the best ways to immigrate to Canada from the UAE in 2022, including what the most popular immigration programs are.
Top Programs to Move to Canada
1. Express EntryCanada’s Express Entry system manages applications for three of the country’s main economic-class immigration categories: Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
The process starts with an Expression of Interest, which is submitted to the federal government via an online profile. The profile must include certain details about the applicant and their family members, such as age, education, language ability and work experience. Applicants are also given a score based on these factors using a point-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
The highest-scoring candidates are then invited to apply for permanent residence through regular draws from the Express Entry pool. The number of points awarded to candidates can vary with each draw. The minimum score required to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence will depend on the specific draw.
If you don’t meet or exceed the required score your profile will remain within the pool. During this time you can improve your CRS score and increase your chances of receiving an ITA with the next draw.
How to increase my CRS score
Here are a few ways you can increase your CRS score.
- Get another qualification;
- Get a provincial nomination, this counts for 600 points;
- Apply with your spouse or partner;
- Improve your language skills or learn French, as this is one of Canada’s official languages; and
- Gain more work experience.
2. Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Canada’s Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is one of the best ways to immigrate to Canada from the UAE in 2022 because it’s mutually beneficial to both the province and to you. The PNP allows provinces to nominate people who meet the specific labour market needs in their provinces. You’ll need to have the skills, education and work experience required to make an immediate economic contribution.
Applying for a Provincial Nomination
You have two options when applying for a provincial nomination. They are as follows:
- Directly to the province of your choice - you can express interest in a province through your Express Entry profile. If you have the skills and work experience they’re looking for then you may receive a nomination.
- Through the Express Entry system - almost all of the provinces have Express Entry streams that you can apply for through your profile.
Good to know!
Always apply for a province where your skills are in demand, as this will increase your chances of receiving a provincial nomination.
3. Student Visa
Canada is a dream destination for most students who plan to study abroad. The country has a reputation for being one of the friendliest, safest and most tolerant countries in the world. Canada also boasts one of the best higher education systems globally, and its degrees are widely recognized.
Obtaining a Canadian study permit will allow you, as an international student, to study at Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) in Canada. To be eligible for a Canadian study visa, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- an acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI);
- a valid passport or travel document and;
- proof you can finance yourself and any family members who go with you, while in Canada.
There are certain countries that may need to produce the following additional documents:
- a certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ);
- a letter of explanation;
- a custodian declaration, if you’re a minor; and
- any other documents asked of you.
Applying for a Canada study permit
You can either apply for the permit online or through a paper application. Of course, applying online will make the process much easier and quicker. This is because the paper application can have delays due to mail or courier factors and you also can’t be sure that you’ve filled it in correctly before sending it off.
Another way to speed up the process is by applying for a student visa through the Student Direct Stream (SDS).
What is the Canadian Student Direct Stream?
The Canadian Student Direct Stream (SDS) is a program that speeds up the process of getting a study permit for students from certain countries. The goal of the Student Direct Stream is to process applications in as little as 20 calendar days, making the process much easier and faster.
Who is eligible for the Student Direct Stream?
- Antigua and Barbuda;
- Costa Rica;
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines;
- Trinidad and Tobago; and
Where Do Emiratis Live in Canada?
Canada is home to over 20,000 Emiratis. Most of the Emiratis in Canada live in areas such as Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta. What these provinces have in common is that they have good schools which provide top-rated education, they have universal healthcare that is free to permanent residents and they are all rich in work and job opportunities.
Here are some of the top jobs in demand in each of the above provinces:
- Database analysts (NOC 2172);
- Transport Truck Drivers (NOC 7511); and
- Industrial butchers, meat cutters, and poultry workers (NOC 9462).
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413);
- Retail salespersons (NOC 6421); and
- Oil and gas drilling, servicing and related labourers (8412).
- Information systems testing technicians (NOC 2283);
- Electrical power line and cable workers (NOC 7244); and
- Food service supervisors (NOC 6311).
FAQ 1: How much money do I need to move to Canada?
If you’re moving to Canada on your own then you would need around $13,213, and as a couple, you will need around $16,449.
FAQ 2: Do I need a job offer to immigrate to Canada?
You don't need a job offer to immigrate and become a permanent resident. In fact, many of the pathways to permanent residence in Canada don’t require a job offer, like the Express Entry system.
FAQ 3: Which PNP programs don’t require a job offer?
There are a few provinces in which a job offer isn’t a requirement, they are Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program, Nova Scotia Nominee Program, Ontario Immigration Nominee Program and Alberta PNP through Express Entry.
To see if you’re eligible for one of the best ways to immigrate to Canada from the UAE in 2022 then click on the button below!