Immigrating to Canada from Mexico
Even though you share the same continent, if you are looking to immigrate to Canada from Mexico, you’ll need to apply for a visa. Canada offers plenty of opportunity to young hopefuls looking to better their lifestyles and there are many visa options available to those looking to migrate.
Many immigrants have expressed that Canada is in fact, more lenient than the US when it comes to welcoming internationals into the country. The reason for this is quite simple, Canada is always looking to expand and immigrants are more than willing to fill in the gap. Canada welcomes all with open arms!
How to immigrate to Canada from Mexico
If you have a valid US passport document, the process should be relatively painless, however if you are not in possession of a US passport, then there might be more paperwork involved. If you are unsure of your status, you are able to check your eligibility on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website to discern which category you fall into.
After checking your eligibility, you may then proceed to do your research on the different visa programs available to you. Canada is saturated with so many options including the efficient Express Entry, work permits, permanent residence and study opportunities. Our account managers are also committed to helping you make an informed decision on which immigration program suits you best if you would like to consult a more informed voice.
Life in Canada
The first thing you need to know before even contemplating immigration is that Canada is a bilingual country. In order to prepare for life in Canada, you need to get better acquainted with English and/or French so that you are able to fully integrate yourself into Canadian society. It may also be beneficial to do thorough research on the different cities in Canada and the cost of living in each so that you can make a knowledgeable decision on where you want to eventually settle.
Documents to bring to Canada
Once your visa has been approved and you have decided on where you’d like to settle in Canada, you will need to present the following documents upon your arrival: (Do not pack them in your luggage, keep them with you at all times.)
- A Canadian immigrant visa (if applicable) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence for each family member traveling with you
- A valid passport or other travel document for each family member traveling with you
- Two copies of a detailed list of all the personal or household items you are bringing with you
- Two copies of a list of items that are arriving later and their money value
Other documents you may need:
- Birth certificates or baptismal certificates
- Marriage certificates
- Adoption, separation or divorce papers
- School records, diplomas or degrees for each family member traveling with you
- Trade or professional certificates and licences
- Letters of reference from former employers
- A list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience (for your résumé)
- Driver’s license, including an International Driver’s Permit and a reference from your auto insurance company
- Photocopies of all essential and important documents, in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)
- Car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)
It may be requested that you also state how much funds you are carrying into the country and you will also have to declare certain goods when you arrive. Please be aware that if you neglect to declare something of importance, you may be penalized.
Want to move to Canada?