Bake Your Way to Canada and Earn Up to $46,400 per Year

Do you have baking skills that will give Natalia Shevchenko of the Great Canadian Baking Show a run for her money? Natalia recently immigrated to Edmonton, Canada from the Ukraine a little over 3 years ago and has since made her debut on the well-known television show, bringing her signature “Honey cake” to the Canadian baking show.

However, if on-air baking is not your cup of tea, perhaps you would simply like to live and work in Canada as a baker and earn up to $46,410 per year. If so, and you’re looking for a new opportunity to expand your horizons, then Canada may just be the place for you.

With Canadian employees retiring earlier, and young professionals moving to bigger cities for new work prospects or simply being promoted, a huge gap has been left in the labour market. The government has implemented a wide variety of programs to help resolve the issue, which has since been extremely successful.

With systems and programs such as the Express Entry system and Provincial Nominee Programs helping smooth the way for skilled and semi-skilled to live and work in Canada, the economy has seen significant improvement and growth.

As a skilled or semi-skilled worker, you can choose from over 70 different immigration programs and visas, giving you a greater opportunity to start a new life abroad. But with all these choices available to you, the process becomes complex, especially when knowing which programs are best suited to you and will give you the best chances of success in your visa application.

This is why using a paid government-regulated immigration consultant is so important to secure your place in Canada. There are many services offering free eligibility evaluations and claim to offer a legitimate solution, leaving hopeful candidates disappointed.

To speak to one of our consultants and have your eligibility assessment done by a verified service, simply click the link below or continue reading to find out which provinces need bakers and how we can help you get there.

Everything You "Knead" to Know to Immigrate to Canada as Baker

Christmas cake Canada blur | live and work in Canada

There are many ways to live and work in Canada a baker as it is a job that is in high demand. We’ve listed the top 4 ways for you to immigrate to Canada, by securing a position in the baking industry, below:

  • Express Entry system;
  • Provincial Nominee Program;
  • Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot; and
  • Atlantic Immigration Pilot.

Express Entry

Beavertails pastry | live and work in Canada

Source: via

The Express Entry (EE) system is as iconic as the BEAVERTAILS pastry is in Canada. The EE manages the 3 Canadian federal economic immigration programs and is geared toward skilled workers who want to live and work in Canada. It works on a point-based system known as the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) which ranks candidates according to factors such as your age, skills and education as well as your work experience.

Once you have created an online Express Entry profile, you will be entered in a draw pool, which takes place every 2 weeks, from which the highest scoring candidates will be selected to receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for permanent residence in Canada.

Provincial Nominee Program

flapper pie | live and work in Canada


The Provincial Nominee Program allows you to live and work in Canada if you are a skilled or semi-skilled worker and have a valid job offer that is in demand in a particular province or territory. Each province/territory has its own PNP with in-demand occupation lists designed to meet the individual needs of its labour market. So, bakers may be as in demand in the prairie regions of Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan as flapper pie is, for example, however, may not be as in demand in Ontario. These provincial in-demand occupation lists change regularly and it is therefore important to ensure that you have up to date information before you express interest in a particular region.

If you are successful in your application you will receive a provincial nomination, which is worth 600 extra points and can be added to your CRS points and will virtually guarantee that you receive an ITA for Canadian permanent residence.

4 provinces which urgently need bakers are:

Top 4 Canadian Provinces That Need Bakers
Province/TerritoryImmigration StreamAverage Annual Salary
AlbertaAlberta Express Entry Stream
Alberta Opportunity Stream
ManitobaManitoba Skilled Worker Overseas Stream$25,350
SaskatchewanInternational Skilled Worker Category$27,446
New BrunswickNew Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program Express Entry Labour Market Stream
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program Skilled Workers With Employer Support Stream

There are other provinces that need industrial bakers however these are currently the top regions searching for qualified applicants.

Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot

Nanaimo bars | live and work in Canada


The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot is a community-driven program aimed at helping smaller regions develop economically. Skilled workers can live and work in Canada if they have a valid job offer in one of the participating communities, which are in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. If moving to British Columbia (B.C.) were a baked treat it would be a Nanaimo bar (named after the B.C. city on the west coast), the no-bake no-fuss iconic treat. As with the Nanaimo bar, the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot and the Canadian immigration system has changed over the years, to be more inclusive of variety in all forms.

Because this is an employer-specific pilot, you will have to show that you intend to live in the community as well as have a qualifying job offer and get a recommendation from your designated community organization. You will also need to meet other requirements such as have qualifying work experience, meet the minimum language and educational requirements, and have enough settlement money.

Atlantic Immigration Pilot

blueberry grunt pie | live and work in Canada


The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is similar to the rural immigration pilot however is aimed at provinces and territories in the Atlantic region. It was originally a temporary pilot but was recently extended until March 2021 to applicants with a qualifying job offer from a designated employer in one of the specified regions in Canada. Similar to the maritime classic, blueberry grunt, where berries are slow cooked to create a delectable sweet treat, although this pilot may take somewhat longer than the Express Entry path, the sweet results are definitely worth the effort. The participating Atlantic regions are:

Eligible Provinces in Atlantic Immigration Pilot
New Brunswick
Newfoundland & Labrador
Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island

There are additional requirements that need to be met regarding work experience, job offers, minimum language and educational requirements and having enough money to move to Canada. You will need to have at least 1 year of full-time, non-seasonal work experience in order to qualify for this pilot.

How We Can Help You Move to Canada

Navigating the Canadian immigration system can be a lengthy and complicated process, with a copious amount of forms and documents to complete and strict submission dates, we wouldn’t blame you if you feel scared about getting started on your application. But that's what we’re here for. At Canadian Visa, we take the stress and hassle out of planning to relocate abroad. Our accredited RCICs (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants) are ready to evaluate your eligibility, review all documentation and submit all documentation on your behalf.

Using an RCIC not only gives you the best possible chance of receiving an ITA but will make the entire process simple and stress-free. We handle the paperwork while you choose your dream job in Canada. All you have to do is fill out our application form to receive your assessment today and we’ll take care of the rest. It's just that simple.