People from around the world, including Ghana, immigrate to Canada every year. Because of this, Canada has become one of the most diverse and multicultural countries in the world. What’s more, Canada aims to welcome 411,000 new immigrants in 2022!
So if you’re from Ghana and would like to move to Canada, you can look forward to feeling welcomed and finding a piece of home here. Interested? Here are three of the best ways to immigrate to Canada from Ghana in 2022.
Ghana to Canada: Let’s Go!
To help more people to make their way here, the Canadian government has developed over 100 immigration programs and visa options. To make the search even easier, we’ve narrowed down the endless options to the top three ways you can move to Canada from Ghana.
1. Express Entry
The Express Entry system was developed to allow Canada to fill in-demand jobs in an effort to meet their labour needs and grow the economy. The Express Entry system allows successful applicants to gain permanent residency in Canada.
There are three programs which operate under Express Entry, namely:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is designed for people who have qualifications, skills or work experience that can help contribute to the Canadian economy. If your application is successful, the FSWP allows you to gain permanent residency in Canada.
Because the Federal Skilled Worker Program is part of the Express Entry system, you can look forward to the same speedy application processing of just six months!
To be eligible to apply for the FSWP, you need to meet the following requirements.
You must have skilled work experience in one of the following positions listed in the National Occupation Classification (NOC):
- Trade/technical occupation
Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is geared towards foreign trade workers who have experience in the eligible trade occupations that Canada needs to help contribute to the economy. If your application is successful, the FSWP allows you to gain permanent residency in Canada.
Do you qualify to apply? To find out, check if you meet the requirements:
- A full-time job offer from a Canadian employer for a total period of at least 1 year OR a certificate of qualification from a provincial, territorial, or federal governing body.
- Language proficiency score in French or English measured by the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC). (Level 4 for writing + reading and level 5 for listening + speaking).
- At least 2 years of full-time work experience within the last 5 years.
- Ability to demonstrate that you meet the job requirements of your skilled trade.
- You must show that you have enough money for you and your family to settle in Canada unless you have a valid job offer or can legally work in Canada.
Skilled trade occupations eligible under the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized in the following major National Occupational Classification NOC groups. The groups are subdivided into different occupations, and they are all skill type B. You must prove that you have experience performing the duties of the occupational description in the NOC.
National Occupation Classification Categories
Major Group 72
Major Group 73
- Equipment Operation
Major Group 82
- Supervisors and Technicians in Natural Resources
Major Group 92
- Processing and Manufacturing
- Utility Supervisors
- Central Control Operators
Minor Group 632
- Chefs and Cooks
Minor Group 633
- Butchers and Bakers
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
If you’re from Ghana and you already have some experience working and living in Canada, then this could be the pathway for you.
The Canadian Experience Class is designed for people who are applying for permanent residency in Canada, who have gained work experience in the country through a temporary work permit.
Yes, you guessed it. Because the CEC operates under the Express Entry system, successful applicants will also be able to enjoy the fast processing times of just six months.
Here are the requirements you need to meet to apply for through the Canadian Experience Class:
You must have one year of skilled, work experience in Canada. The work experience must be:
- a full-time position; or
- the equivalent time in a part-time position;
- legally obtained in Canada;
- from jobs defined by the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) as level 0, A or B
There is no education requirement for this program. You can; however, increase your Express Entry score by:
- earning a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary or tertiary school;
- completing a foreign credential;
- getting an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) showing your previous education meets Canadian standards.
- Take an approved language test for writing, reading, listening, and speaking;
- Meet the minimum language requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for NOC B jobs
2. Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Another one of the best ways to immigrate to Canada from Ghana in 2022.is through the Provincial Nominee Program. The PNP allows successful applicants to gain permanent residency in one of the 11 participating Canadian provinces. If you already have your heart set on a province you would like to settle in, or perhaps you have a job offer there, then this could be perfect for you.
Here are the 11 provinces you can choose to settle in:
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NW PNP)
- Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NS PNP)
- Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
3. Spousal and Family Sponsorship
If you’re already living in Canada and would like your family or partner to join you, then this pathway is just for you.
The Spousal and Family Sponsorship allows you to sponsor family members to join you in Canada, provided that you meet certain criteria:
To become a sponsor in Canada, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen OR
- Permanent resident
- At least 18 years of age
- Currently live in Canada
The program allows you to sponsor your:
- Common-law partner
- Conjugal partner
- Dependent child
The documents you’ll need to apply will differ depending on who you sponsor:
If you sponsor your conjugal partner or dependent child, you can apply for Family Class If you’re sponsoring your spouse or common-law partner, you can apply for either Family Class or the Spousal and Common-Law Partner Class.
Why Move to Canada from Ghana?
Due to a retiring population, the Canadian government seeks to employ foreign workers to fill in-demand occupations. This is why they have created a number of immigration programs and visa options to make it easier for foreign workers to find a suitable pathway to immigrate through.
The Canadian government provides free public education from kindergarten up until grade 12. Canada also offers some of the most prestigious universities and colleges in the world. You can rest assured that you’re in expert hands as Canada is the most educated country in the world.
With people from all over the world immigrating to Canada, the country has become one of the most diverse and multicultural countries in the world.
There are a number of different languages spoken in Canada. Apart from the country’s official languages of English and French, many other languages are spoken here such as Punjabi, Mandarin and Spanish, just to name a few.
There are also a number of areas in Toronto named after various countries, such as Chinatown, Little Italy and Little Jamaica.
So if you’re planning to move to Canada, you can look forward to meeting people from around the world and perhaps even finding a little piece of home.
What is the easiest province to immigrate to in Canada?
The province of British Columbia has become the number one choice for people who wish to immigrate to Canada. This is due to the speedy immigration and easy documentation process of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP).
How much does a Canada visa cost in Ghana?
|Canadian PR visa cost|
|Application Fees for Canada PR||825||4, 070|
Can I move to Canada without a job?
Yes, you can. Canada provides opportunities for foreign nationals to immigrate even if they haven’t secured a job yet. The popular Express Entry system allows this as well Canada’s Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
Now you know some of the best ways to immigrate to Canada from Ghana in 2022. When you decide to start the visa application process, increase your chances of success by allowing one of the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) we work with to guide you every step of the way.