Top Job Opportunities in Canada for MBA Graduates

If you are an MBA graduate and you are interested in entering the Canadian work force, then you’re in luck. There is an increasing demand for MBA graduates in Canada , and this is why there are many employment opportunities available. There are various entry level jobs across Canada. A number of positions offer a healthy salary that will allow you to live a comfortable life while climbing the corporate ladder. So let’s unpack what you need to do to score yourself a position in this increasingly popular field.

Jobs in Canada for MBA graduates

Entry level positions for MBA graduates range from internships to human resources assistants and consulting service roles, to name a few. The average entry level salary for MBA jobs is $6, 178 per month.

Have a look at this table to get a better understanding of the job opportunities available and income range for MBA graduates.

Job Opportunities & Monthly Income Range for MBA Graduates (Entry Level to Experienced)
Occupation Average monthly salary
Consulting services agent $3,096 - $7,876
Junior analyst $3,900 - $5,491
Research associate $4,363 - $7,086
Risk analyst $4,956 - $9,012
Director $5,379 - $12,500
Paid intern $3,000 - $4,160

The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is one of the most sought-after programmes, providing students all around the world with a variety of professional options. The MBA degree provides students with a thorough understanding of all facets of management, as well as real-world applications and experiential knowledge that drives them to find real business solutions. Here are 10 Easy Steps to Get Your MBA in Canada.

Step 1: Check The Admission Requirements

In order to get into an MBA program, you must meet the following requirements:

  • A bachelor's degree from a reputable university or educational institution is required.
  • GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score
  • Relevant prior work experience
  • Statement of Purpose 2 Recommendation Letters English language competency exam, such as IELTS or TOEFL
  • Pass your interview for admission
  • Meet the application deadline

Step 2: Pick an MBA Program That Works For You

There are many MBA programs out there, and many institutions that offer them. Make sure you choose the correct one for you based on where you want to live, future work prospects, your current ties to Canada and your budget.

First, you need to choose a course path. There are various kinds of specializations you can choose from. For example:

  • MBA in General Management
  • MBA in Marketing
  • MBA in Entrepreneurship
  • MBA in Human Resource Management
  • MBA in Engineering Management

Length of Study

The majority of MBA programs in Canada last two years. However, several Canadian business schools offer an Accelerated MBA program that takes 18 months to finish. Other institutions and colleges provide one-year MBA programs.

Step 3: Pick a School

There are many universities and colleges in Canada that offer MBA programs. However, these are the Top 5 in the whole country.

  • Toronto University (Rotman Business School)
  • McGill University (Desautels Faculty of Management)
  • Western University (Ivey Business School)
  • Queen’s University (Smith School of Business)
  • York University (Schulich School of Business)

Step 4: Do Your IELTS or CELPIP

In order to study in Canada, you must get a minimum score on the language test. Institutions in Canada won’t accept your application for an MBA without good results. This is because the language of instruction in Canada is mostly English, but French is used in some institutions. An MBA is demanding in the best of circumstances therefore you must understand the language finitely to give you the best chance of success

Step 5: Prepare Your Transcripts

A recognized undergraduate degree is required for your MBA application. Take the time to prepare authentic transcripts as proof of your past studies and accomplishments.

Other materials, depending on your place of origin and the university to which you intend to apply, will be required. The most commonly requested documents are passports and proofs of identity, as well as copies of these documents, which are frequently translated into English.

Additionally, you may not need an undergraduate in Business in order to successfully be accepted into an MBA program, but that is entirely dependent on the institution you chose.

Step 6: Calculate your GPA score

Typically, business schools require a GPA between 3.5 and 3.7. If you come from a country with a different grading system, one that does not employ GPAs, the university will either convert the grades for you or request more information. Check with your particular higher education school to determine the exact score you should aim for.

Step 7: Take The Appropriate Entrance Examinations

As part of the admission process, most MBA programs will require Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores. You should also think about taking the GRE. The GRE is a feasible alternative, especially if you believe the GMAT is too stringent.

Step 8: Prepare Additional Documentation

Gather the correct documentation to support your application

  • Transcripts and academic records
  • Exam results for proficiency tests
  • Bank statement Proof of work experience
  • Recommendation letters
  • MBA Statement of Purpose Essays
  • Photographs of updated CV/resume
  • You will also need a valid study Visa once you have been accepted

Writing up a CV can go a long way. Strong professional experience suggests that you are prepared to advance your skill set. That is why it is critical that you create a clear and concise CV that highlights your professional achievements.

Writing a motivational essay will also assist you in getting into a program. Use a general motivational essay template, but be sure to follow the specifications set out by the individual institutions. Allow time to proofread your essay and perhaps solicit feedback from your friends.

Finally, you should gather recommendation letters from people that can speak to your talents, successes and personal growth. Professional recommendations boost the legitimacy of your MBA application. At the same time, this is an excellent opportunity for you to reflect on your professional development. Check that the individual suggesting you is familiar with your own accomplishments.

Step 9: Apply For an MBA in Advance

After you have collected the following documentation and paid the fees you should apply as soon as possible. Students must begin the application process for an MBA in Canada at least 1-2 years in advance. This allows the applicant to study for and do well on their GMAT and IELTS exams.


An MBA degree in Canada typically costs between CAD 30,000 and CAD 40,000 per year. Your student consultant can give you the most up-to-date information on the cost of pursuing an MBA in Canada and assist you in selecting the best business school for your budget.

Step 10: Take Your Interview

After submitting all of your paperwork, you will most likely be invited to an entrance interview. Some colleges prefer an online video interview, while others will require you to present yourself on campus. This, of course, is dependent on where you live at the time you apply to that university.

Be prepared to explain why you choose this particular MBA and business school during your interview. You must be able to discuss your career aspirations and interests in depth.

The most prevalent interview issues are leadership, entrepreneurship, cultural fit, and future objectives that align with the curriculum. Consider your expectations and the goals you hope to attain before graduating.

Why Study an MBA in Canada?

There are several reasons why studying for an MBA in Canada is a great idea.

  • An MBA from Canada is globally recognized, and it will improve your professional opportunities and earnings potential.
  • In comparison to other nations, the cost of pursuing an MBA in Canada is lower.
  • Internships are available at Canadian business schools to help students get industry experience while pursuing an MBA.
  • Because Canada is a cosmopolitan country, you will be studying among kids from other cultures. This will allow you to widen your commercial and management cultural perspective.

Now that you know there is a demand for this career field, and you have an idea of the salary on offer, let’s talk about how you can seize these top job opportunities and have a quick look through five different kinds of Canada work permits.

Canada work permits


Before applying for a Canadian work visa, you need to apply for a Canada work permit There are two main categories for work permits, namely, a Canada open work permit and an employer-specific work permit.

An open work permit will allow you to work for any Canadian employer while the employer-specific work permit will require you to work according to the information stipulated on your work permit, which will include your employment location and the duration of your permit.

You can also apply for the Canadian Post-Graduation Work Permit Program(PGWP). You are able to apply for this program on the open work permit, and this will allow you to gain experience as well.

If this interests you, read more about what the Canadian Post-Graduation Work Permit Program is.

Get to Canada in a flash with Express Entry

Regardless of the type of work permit you apply for, one thing that is great about being successful in your visa application and working in Canada is that you gain work experience.

There are many different ways to go about applying for permanent residency in Canada, but the best way to up your chances of getting your visa application approved, is by taking the route that suits what you are looking for.

Like, if you are interested in immigrating to Canada for work, then a suitable visa program choice would be the Canadian Experience Class, which allows you to obtain permanent residency if you have experience working in Canada. The Canadian Experience Class is one of the programs offered in the Express Entry System.

Who qualifies for The Canadian Experience Class?

Requirements for the Canadian Experience Class(CEC)
Work Experience Education Language skill Admissibility
  • 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada for a full-time position, or:
  • 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada for a part-time position
  • Legally obtained (employment) in Canada
  • Job defined as level 0, A or B by the Canadian National Occupational Classification
  • No education requirement but you can increase your Express Entry score by obtaining a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian institution, or:
  • Complete a foreign credential, or:
  • Get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) which shows that your previous education meets Canadian standards
  • You must take an approved language test for reading, writing, listening and speaking
  • You must meet the minimum language requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for jobs classified as 0 and A by the NOC or:
  • Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for jobs classified as B by the NOC
You must legally be allowed to enter Canada.

Sound like a good deal to you? Don’t miss out on that job opportunity. Get your visa application process started!

More work permit options for employment purposes


Spousal Sponsorship from inside Canada

So what if you are an MBA graduate looking to work in Canada but you have a spouse and you would like to bring them with you? Canada values families and would like to help you keep your family together as you make your way here.

The Spousal Sponsorship program allows you to help your spouse or common-law partner to come and join you in Canada by sponsoring them.

If this sounds like a good option for you, then let’s take a look at how you can sponsor or be sponsored by your spouse to come to Canada:

In order to sponsor your spouse or common-law partner, you need to meet the following requirements:

  • Be a Canadian citizen or:
  • Be a permanent resident
  • Live in Canada or:
  • Plan to return to Canada once your spouse or partner achieves permanent resident status
  • Are able to financially provide for your spouse or partner for 3 years

If you are married and wish to sponsor or be sponsored by your spouse, you will need to present the following to immigration officers:

  • Relation Information and Sponsorship Evaluation questionnaire Marriage certificate
  • Wedding invitation and wedding photographs
  • Birth certificates or adoption records if you have children with your spouse
  • Proof of registration of marriage with a government authority

In addition, you will need to present at least two of the following documents:

  • Copies of government issued Identity documents (IDs)
  • Shared bank accounts
  • Proof that you and your spouse own property together
  • Tax forms that show that you and your spouse live at the same home address

If you are in a common-law relation and are interested in sponsoring or being sponsored by your partner, you will need to present the following to immigration officers:

  • Relation Information and Sponsorship Evaluation questionnaire
  • Photographs of you and your partner that show that you are in a conjugal or marriage-like relationship
  • Birth certificates or adoption records for any children you have with your partner
  • Proof that you and your partner have lived together for at least 1 year

In addition, you will need to present at least two of the following:

  • Documents that show that you and your partner recognize each other as common-law partners (documents such as employment or insurance benefits)
  • Proof of expenses shared between you and your partner, or:
  • Proof of financial support (if only one partner is employed and assumes financial responsibility)
  • Proof that family and friends recognize your relationship (emails, letters, social media counts as proof)

Family is very important to Canada, so the Spousal Sponsorship Program allows you to make it easier for your family to come and join you in this beautiful country.

The Bridging Open Work permit

If you are working in Canada on a temporary work permit, and have applied for permanent residency, there will likely be a waiting period involved. But no need to worry, you can stay in Canada while you wait:

The Bridging Open Work Permit allows you to continue working in Canada, while you wait for the results of your permanent residence application.

Who is eligible for the Bridging Open Work permit?

You are eligible for the Bridging Open Work permit if you applied to one of the following permanent residency programs:

  • Permanent residence through an Express Entry program
  • Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
  • Caring for Children Class or:
  • Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class
  • Home Child-Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Work Pilot Program
  • Agri-Food Pilot Program

Read more to find out about the specific requirements for each program.

So there you have it. These various work permit options make it possible for you to grab hold of some of Canada’s top job opportunities for MBA graduates in the way that best suits you.


Is it difficult to get a job in Canada with an MBA?

There are many in-demand jobs and career paths in Canada, therefore Canada makes it easier for people to immigrate for work purposes through various immigration and work visa programs.

The Canadian government welcomes foreign workers with open arms and invites them to join the workforce.

If you obtain your MBA qualification from a Canadian institution, it will likely be easier to find employment, however it’s not a must for you to study at a Canadian university to get a job in this field as a foreign graduate.

Do you need work experience to do an MBA job in Canada?

While some employers do require former work experience, there are various entry level positions and even internships available for MBA graduates.

Why is Canada the best place to study for an MBA?

Canada takes pride in its prestigious universities and quality education. The Canadian government happily invites international students to study at its universities and start their academic journey.

For example, institutions like the Ivey Business School in Ontario has accepted almost as many international MBA students, as they have Canadian students.

Studying at a Canadian institution as an international student also makes it easier for you to immigrate at a later stage.

However, if you wish to start your career, there is a road to Canada for all jobseekers!

So pick the perfect fit for you and get your application started. Let us help you see which programs you qualify for.